Fragrance oil sample

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoeybean

Reaction score
I want to send a sample of eucalyptus spearmint fragrance oil from bb to a friend, if I put some on a paper and put it in a zip lock bag will it melt a hole in the bag?

Nope. I have sent sniffies on a cotton ball in a small plastic bag with no problems. You have to make certain you really zip lock it through because depending on if the paper is oily, it will scent everything in the box. Mine did that and it caused the sharpie names on the bags to smear all over.

Nope. I have sent sniffies on a cotton ball in a small plastic bag with no problems. You have to make certain you really zip lock it through because depending on if the paper is oily, it will scent everything in the box. Mine did that and it caused the sharpie names on the bags to smear all over.

Thanks newbie, I wasn't sure because I have seen them melt things..

newbie sent me a whole bunch of sniffie (and larger) samples earlier this year since I'm FO deprived here in Alaska. The sharpie writings smudged off close to half of the sniffie baggies so I wasn't able to figure out what they all were. However, it was a lot of fun trying to pair the ship list with sniffie scents, and I'm sure I got a lot of them right. Try sticking a label or a piece of masking tape on the baggie, then writing on that to hold the ink better, especially if you send multiple samples. And yes, you should send multiple samples -- your friend will love it! Ask me how I know!

Back