Fragrance Oil Review Chart Link

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure that would work :)

Done. Here's what I added:

Nature's Garden
Cranberry Orange
8/25/2018 update: Seems that it needs a LONG cure and then it comes out. Mine didn't start to come out to my nose till 2+ months cure. I still won't buy it again but it is coming out. I mixed it with Fireplace and slowly it is changing the scent every week as it cures.
Original: 7/18/2018
Update 8/25/2018

Hey there, @amd, you've been busy! I'll get your reviews moved to the correct sheets soon -- probably this weekend. THANK YOU!

@DeeAnna No worries, this time of year is busy. I just felt the need to acknowledge what you do and that I probably just hogged a bunch of your time. :D

@Lin19687 I'm probably good for awhile before I use new FO's, so you should be able to catch up!

It takes me about the same time to add a few FOs as it does to add a pile of 'em. So no problem!

THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to the SMF Fragrance Oil Review in this past year. The database now contains a total of 1593 reviews, with 136 new reviews added in 2017-18. I hope the Review continues to grow even better in 2019.

If you have benefited from the Review, please show your support and appreciation by adding just one new review this coming year. Everyone's ongoing contributions help to keep this content useful and relevant.

Since this past August, contributors added 32 new FOs to the Review, one update to an existing review, and one update to a supplier's address and phone number. A new sheet for Lone Star Candle Supply reviews was added.

New FO reviews --
Bitter Creek North FRESH BREWED COFFEE
Bitter Creek North TURKISH HAZELNUT CAFE
Bitter Creek North All Hallows Eve (Bubbles n' Lights)

Bramble Berry Wild Rose
Bramble Berry Ginger Ale

Candle Science GREEN TEA LEMONGRASS
Candle Science VETIVER

Fragrance Buddy Tarragon Mist (compare to Dirty by LUSH)
Fragrance Buddy Avobath
Fragrance Buddy Black Pearl
Fragrance Buddy Cappuccino Latte
Fragrance Buddy Dark Knight Bay Rum
Fragrance Buddy Celebrity Bath (Rockstar dupe)

Lone Star Candle Supply Nag Champa
Lone Star Candle Supply Magnolia

Nature's Garden FRENCH VANILLA OAK
Nature's Garden WEREWOLF
Nature's Garden CHERRY

Nurture Soap Supplies 8th and Ocean
Nurture Soap Supplies AUTUMN EQUINOX

Rustic Escentuals Clover Fields and Aloe
Rustic Escentuals Salty Sea Air
Rustic Escentuals Hippie Chick

Wholesale Supplies Plus Apple Honey Champagne
Wholesale Supplies Plus Bamboo Teak
Wholesale Supplies Plus GINGERBREAD MEN
Wholesale Supplies Plus Frosted Blue Balls
Wholesale Supplies Plus Lavender Woods & Honey
Wholesale Supplies Plus Sandalwood (104)
Wholesale Supplies Plus Sun & Sand Type
Wholesale Supplies Plus Tuscan Cedarwood
Wholesale Supplies Plus Wild Peach Poppies Type

Updated FO reviews --
Nature's Garden Cranberry Orange

Supplier update --

Arizona Soap Supply

ETA -- Added six new FO reviews for Fragrance Buddy that just came in this morning.

Last edited:
Every time I update or do maintenance on the Review, there are always 1-5 people looking at it. Three at the moment beides me. It's pretty popular.

I need to take my own advice and write reviews for the FOs I've been using. :)

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but this year I will. My resolution - keep better notes and add to the FO review chart. I'm a FO HO so even though I've posted some reviews, I could post so many more!

I know I refer this chart often. Thank you @DeeAnna - your efforts here are very much appreciated.

Thanks so much for your effort and time! I’ll be sure to add some reviews as there a few I’ve looked for but didn’t find. The ones I found were spot on and a huge help!

It would be neat to be able to query the database for reviews of fragrances that stick or ones that don't accelerate or whatever. The older reviews were mostly free-form entries, and that kind of structure is tough to work with unfortunately.

But even so, the Review is a nice resource and is much more active than other fragrance resources I know of. For example, the Soap Scent Review Board is not very active anymore, although it is still a good resource for fragrance ideas. It's hard to get registered to access it, however.

There was another resource ... Fragrance Oil Finder, I think? ... that no longer exists. The person who administered and maintained it decided to let it die a year or two ago. That was a great loss. I thought there might be people who would take over the management, but apparently they didn't get the job done.

I'm not sure it would help if your and my SQL skills were up to date. The issue is more about the way the information in the older reviews is structured ... or rather how it isn't structured.

Yes, but that assumes the data is there to restructure. In older reviews (those created pre-2017 before I designed forms for submitting reviews), that's not necessarily true. I've done some restructuring already, but lots of the older reviews aren't very detailed.

Back