Fragrance oil recommendations for comic lovers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzimm

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm looking to make some cp soap for family who are real big into the Comic-Con scene, of which they attend several in a year to sell hero gifts and novelties. I wanted to make some soap for them on the theme of their current favorites, Soul Eater and Fairy Tail. I don't know anything about these, other than the logos, so I'm drawing a blank on what FO's might go well with the soaps. Both will be primarily black background (colored with AC); Soul Eater will have the fiery red/orange image in the black background, and Fairy Tail will have the the image in blue against a black background. Haven't figured out the full details of construction yet. They may include MP embeds along with the cp.
Any suggestions on what FO's would go well? These soaps won't just be for the kids in the family---the adults are just as comic-crazy as they are. If they were all "normal people" I'd have a clue, lol.

Not a FO user, and not a comics person so this might not be useful? However I wanted to say that red/orange against black speaks orange/lemon with anise to me. Blue usually feels like eucalyptus in my mind. These are EOs but they might have FO counterparts if you prefer them.

When it comes to scent, they invoke immediate strong responses from people. When I think about comics, I see strong lines, bright colors, lots of black. This would lend me to try and find bright, bold scents. Marie, you are in NC - I would start reading the descriptions from Rustic Escentuals. They are in SC and the women who work there are wonderful. - You might also try giving them a call; they could probably recommend some FOs for you to try.

Not a FO user, and not a comics person so this might not be useful? However I wanted to say that red/orange against black speaks orange/lemon with anise to me. Blue usually feels like eucalyptus in my mind. These are EOs but they might have FO counterparts if you prefer them.

Thanks, green soap! Your fragrance connections to their corresponding colors is just what I was looking for. Especially the orange/lemon-anise. I love eucalyptus for the blue-black, but am going to keep looking, since I know one of them has a strong aversion to eucalyptus, poor thing.

When it comes to scent, they invoke immediate strong responses from people. When I think about comics, I see strong lines, bright colors, lots of black. This would lend me to try and find bright, bold scents. Marie, you are in NC - I would start reading the descriptions from Rustic Escentuals. They are in SC and the women who work there are wonderful. - You might also try giving them a call; they could probably recommend some FOs for you to try.

Cindy, thanks for the heads up about Rustic Escentuals. Bright & bold are definitely qualities in comic themes, and that's what I'm going for. Real people to talk to! Good idea.

I make a lot of soaps based on characters, it's so much fun. I am not very familiar with the comic world but I did a search and if it was me I would probably make soaps based of specific characters with scents that seem fitting to their personalities. Say one character is particularly strong but feminine, I might do a good musk note blend and match the colors with their descriptions. Etc, etc... Sounds like a super fun project!

I would do like, the leather FO for the Punisher or a green tea for Xavier, maybe beer for Logan, maybe Hayride for Clark Kent, and one of the expensive cologne types for Bruce Wayne, maybe Sandlewood and spice for Tony Stark...

Last edited:
Ok, this might start out sounding unrelated. I buy tea at an online shop called Adagio. They have a lot of blends aimed at various fandoms. And fans can create their own blends. It's possible that someone has created tea blends for those characters, and that could give you some inspiration.

Soul Eater and Fairy Tale are Manga, or Japanese comics. I've watched some of Fairy Tale. I'll do some research on the characters and see if I can come up with something

I've been thinking about doing a Justice League inspired set of soaps. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman. So I'm sure I can come up with something.

Last edited:
Back