Fragrance oil in Melt & Pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsc

Reaction score
I was think about using some of my fragrance oils in a batch of M&P and see if they behave better than they do in CP recipes. I have several that setup really fast or riced on me and I thought perhaps when I melt the M&P for pouring and add the FO then if it could behave better. Anyone have luck doing this?

In my limited experience with MP I've never had anything seize it fragrance wise. Including those that make my CP soap move. I only use MP for imbeds for the most part.

What shunt said, you won't get fast moving or seizing in M&P due to the fragrance. Also, you only need to use half as much fragrance in M&P than you do in CP, so don't go heavy handed or it could ooze out of your M&P and puddle, or be irritating to the skin and too strong. (I've had all 3 happen when I first started making M&P 15 years ago)
These days, I only use M&P for imbeds or when I do a M&P drop swirl into my CP, but either way I don't scent my M&P, just color it.

^^^ also you can check with the supplier or manufacturer of your particular base to find out the fragrance load their base will accept. Some will only take 1% some can hold more, and not all bases from the same company will be the same

I have experienced some seizing, but luckily with melt and pour, a quick 20 second zap in the microwave will return it to its correct state. M&P will also discolor if the fo has vanillan.

Back