Fragrance Oil Amounts (UK)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyCosmetics

Reaction score
Im terrible at calculations and im finding it difficult trying to work out how much fragrance oil/essential oil to use too. I get that these oils have different usage rates, but im wanting to know how much im able to use in a full 1kg loaf mould of soap, as a maximum amount. And in 1 bar as a maximum amount.

Ive read some conflicting things on different websites. Some sites say that the maximum is 3% in your finished soap and some say its 2%. Ive also read that 2% is 20ml which seems quite a lot. And the soap queen says to use 7g per pound, and there's two pounds in a kg, so that's 14g of fragrance oil/essential oil.

Im basically wanting to know how much i can use altogether in percentage, grams, ml, or drops. Any help would be appreciated, because im completely lost!

So far, ive got... 1g is equivalent to 1ml, and 1% is equivalent to 10g/10ml. It was in this video that in the metric system grams equals the same in ml, skip to 3:10...

Ignore mls, drop, teaspoons - you need to work in grams.

In the UK the max amount accepted for general usage in soap i.e to sell, donate etc is 3% OR the IFRA amount, whichever is lower.

Latest posts

Back