fragrance of solid perfume

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapfan2012

Reaction score
Hallo everyone,
I wanted to just ask if I can use regular fragrances I used for CP to make solid perfume. I have some left, they are from givanchy (France).
thanks

As long as they are rated as being body-safe, which I assume they are if you were using them in your CP, then yes they can be used in solid perfume. Just make sure to find out the usage rate for them when being used in perfumes, since it will be a much lower rate than the amount used in soap.

IrishLass :)

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eau_de_toilette

Eau de toilette is a weaker concentration of fragrance than pure perfume.[11][12] The concentration of aromatic ingredients is typically as follows (ascending concentration):
Splash and After shave: 1-3% aromatic compounds
Eau de Cologne (EdC): Citrus type perfumes with about 2–6% perfume concentrate aromatic compounds[13]
Eau de Toilette (EdT): 5-15% (typical ~10%) aromatic compounds
Eau de Parfum (EdP), Parfum de Toilette (PdT): 10-20% (typical ~15%) aromatic compounds. Sometimes listed as "eau de perfume" or "millésime".
Perfume extract (Extrait): 15-40% (IFRA: typical 20%) aromatic compounds

So you really do have to check the safe use rates for those scents. A lot of perfumes etc are mixes of different scents, so even at 15%, if there are 6 scents in there then the actual amount of each is much lower.

Back