Fragrance in CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How much of an essential oil blend do you put in your CP soap? I never know how much to use. I prefer to use essential oils and I know that you can use more of some oils than others but is there a general rule of thumb as to how much per ounce?

There can be a lot of variation from EO to EO. I think the standard is about 0.5 ounces ppo but some EO's have very low usage rates- clove and birch come to mind immediately. Does the supplier have usage rates for soap on their site? I think WSP and NG both have them for the EO's they sell but I don't know if that rate would vary from company to company. Hopefully someone who uses EO's a lot will come along here soon.

I like to use the Brambleberry Fragrance Calc > http://www.brambleberry.com/Pages/Fragrance-Calculator.aspx
because it gives you amounts for light, medium and strong. Plus I like to measure in ml

You don't need to have BB's EO's to use it, just match scents - if you're doing a blend, just figure the total amount needed and make each of the EO's you're blending a fraction of the total.

Latest posts

Back