Fragrance ideas for oat milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our local soap supply store also makes and sells soap. Their oatmeal bars are cloves scented, always though that was a bit weird.

I got frustrated trying to find the perfect oatmeal, milk and honey FO for my oatmeal, milk and honey soap. All the ones I ever tried (except for 1) smelled like cherry/almond instead of oats milk and honey, so I set about making my own blend with a couple of FOs I had on hand, and I came up with a great blend that really smells like a bowl of oatmeal, milk and honey in my CP oatmeal soap an it only discolors to light beige in my soap. I mix 5 parts of Daystar's Milk Sugar Kisses FO with 2 parts of Oregon Trails Oatmeal Milk & Honey FO (the only one that didn't have any annoying almond/cherry notes), and voila- the perfect OMH to my nose!

Others on the forum have tried making the blend out for themselves, too, and loved it just as much as I do.

IrishLass :)
It's alright for you guys over there in the centre of the world though - you get the pick of the bunch in terms of FO options. I look at our local suppliers ( who have Candle Science and Nature's garden FOs) and the limited selection we get here is only about 30% of the full possible range. So it's slim pickin's! :(

I made my oat milk today in preparation for fragrance arrival. It 's very nice and SO cheap to make! My partner uses cartoned almond milk for his smoothies or combo almond/coconut and they cost circa $NZ4 for a 1lt carton ( approx two pounds). I just made enough for my soap and for him to drink ( approx 2 lt) for about 80c!

Latest posts

Back