Fragrance ideas for oat milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m thinking of making an oat milk and ground oatmeal soap. But then I wonder what sort of fragrance would be nice with that? I had thought vanilla but I don’t want to be dealing with the discolouring issue. Any ideas?

I found one by Nature's garden called Oatmeal, Milk and Honey and thought that was rather perfect! It's in my shopping cart. Blast - I wanted to make the soap this weekend but won't be able to until this arrives.
That sounds nice, I was just there looking around. I want to try Almomd Marzipan. I have never really liked almond butter for some reason I like the sound of that description!

I’ve been looking at amber based fragrances too.

I've used BB's amber, its a deep sweet kinda vanilla like scent. I like it very much on its own but it does discolor to a chocolate milk shade. Another is BB oatmeal milk & honey, discolors to a light tan. Some people smell play doh in it but I don't. Its a nice warm long lasting sweetish scent without being overpowering.

OMH is nice, but too soft in my opinion. I think a fruit scent would pair nicely with oatmeal. I made an OMH soap scented with pear earlier this year. It's one of my favorites. (Oh wait... I say that about ALL my soaps...)

There really is no reason the pair scent with a particular additive. I scent my oatmeal soap with fresh basil FO, I'm partial to green scents though.
@amd what pear do you use? I have fresh pear from NG and it smells like apple and stink bugs, would so love true pear scent.

There really is no reason the pair scent with a particular additive. I scent my oatmeal soap with fresh basil FO, I'm partial to green scents though.
@amd what pear do you use? I have fresh pear from NG and it smells like apple and stink bugs, would so love true pear scent.

I use a pear from wholesale supplies plus that smells wonderful. I also pair it with a kiwi for a special wine inspired soap. Everyone loves it.

I like Crafters Choice oatmeal, milk & honey. It does discolor. You can use a vanilla stabilizer for CP soap. The soap will finally discolor, but not for a couple of months.

@amd what pear do you use?
WSP Fresh Picked Pear. It's described as having notes of apple and pear, and smells such OOB, but in soap I can only smell the pear. It accelerates in my recipe, but I have been able to do swirls if I'm organized enough.

I like Crafters Choice oatmeal, milk & honey. It does discolor.
I've used this one also. Mine discolored to a light tan. Sticks really well, I have soaps coming up on two years old that are still holding their scent. I scented those with a light hand at .5 oz PPO. (side note: maybe I would like OMH scent more if I had scented that batch heavier! lol)

OMH is nice, but too soft in my opinion. I think a fruit scent would pair nicely with oatmeal. I made an OMH soap scented with pear earlier this year. It's one of my favorites. (Oh wait... I say that about ALL my soaps...)
Funny you should say that - I've also ordered a brandied pear fragrance and thought I might do half and half with the OMH

I got frustrated trying to find the perfect oatmeal, milk and honey FO for my oatmeal, milk and honey soap. All the ones I ever tried (except for 1) smelled like cherry/almond instead of oats milk and honey, so I set about making my own blend with a couple of FOs I had on hand, and I came up with a great blend that really smells like a bowl of oatmeal, milk and honey in my CP oatmeal soap an it only discolors to light beige in my soap. I mix 5 parts of Daystar's Milk Sugar Kisses FO with 2 parts of Oregon Trails Oatmeal Milk & Honey FO (the only one that didn't have any annoying almond/cherry notes), and voila- the perfect OMH to my nose!

Others on the forum have tried making the blend out for themselves, too, and loved it just as much as I do.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back