Fragrance discoloration.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody. Thought I would post this picture. Show's a good example of fragrance discoloration. Made the bar on the left. Last Monday. On the right, last September. 20230131_122539.jpg
In this case, the discoloration adds to the look. This is "Barber shop 1920". Hope this helps.

Nice looking soap. I use a little ZVCS in mine because I do Red, White and Blue and want the colors to stay true. But a lot of times I 'embrace the brown'.

Thanks for the replies. It was dmcgee5034s beautiful blue morph to green soap. Got me thinking about posting. Maybe they have a before and after they could post. I,d like to see more examples.

Hi @Ford - so sorry I didn’t see this when you posted, I just randomly came across it searching for info on discoloration because I made soap yesterday and just saw now (will I ever learn this lesson? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️) that it’s likely going to discolor. I have a before pic of the top, and I’ll take pics of it after the cut and post those, then if it’s not already morphed, I’ll put it on watch alert 😉😂😉.
For both batches that used blue micas/pigments and turned green, I only have after the cuts and those FOs discolored fast! On the picture done right after the cut, I can barely make out hints of blue only on the top. 🌸

I was very disappointed when my pale blue soap turned almost black recently, even though no discoloration was reported in the reviews (Fragrance Buddy). From now on I will be buying my FO's at Natures Garden. They show a sample of the of actual soap and report on discoloration up front. I don't have to scour the reviews for hints. I still read the reviews of course.
1682898323533.png
1682898416603.png
1682898416603.png

Latest posts

Back