Fragrance Buddy- anything I just *have* to get?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnez

What if I....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Putting in a big ol' samples order to try some stuff out. I specifically wanted to try Citrus Tree, the rest are from suggestions here or my own curiosity.

Screenshot-20230128-182111-376.png

If you are familiar with Lush and any of their fragrances, FB's dupes are spot on. Citrus Tree is one of their dupes, and it's gorgeous. You can just type "Lush" into the search feature (w/o quotes) and it will pull up most, if not all, of the dupes they have. I don't know your taste in FOs, but I really do like FB. They're one of my top 3 vendors for fragrance.

One of my favorite non-Lush dupes is Bob's Flower Market. It's strong, and it smells just like you've walked into a high end florist. FB's Grapefruit Zest is good too, and it's really strong.

If you are familiar with Lush and any of their fragrances, FB's dupes are spot on. Citrus Tree is one of their dupes, and it's gorgeous. You can just type "Lush" into the search feature (w/o quotes) and it will pull up most, if not all, of the dupes they have. I don't know your taste in FOs, but I really do like FB. They're one of my top 3 vendors for fragrance.

One of my favorite non-Lush dupes is Bob's Flower Market. It's strong, and it smells just like you've walked into a high end florist. FB's Grapefruit Zest is good too, and it's really strong.

I'm not familiar with Lush, but I do appreciate the feedback. I had grapefruit zest in but removed it for some reason-back on the list! Regarding Bob's Flower Shop, that sounds like an interesting scent to try. Even tho I'm a dude I'm quite interested in finding excellent floral stuff, particularly neroli, jasmine, honeysuckle, and rose.

I'm not familiar with Lush, but I do appreciate the feedback. I had grapefruit zest in but removed it for some reason-back on the list! Regarding Bob's Flower Shop, that sounds like an interesting scent to try. Even tho I'm a dude I'm quite interested in finding excellent floral stuff, particularly neroli, jasmine, honeysuckle, and rose.
Bob's Flower Shop mostly smells of lush (not the company) greenery, not flowers. Citrus Tree is a beautiful neroli. I have not tried FB's Jasmin Showers, but it's supposed to be a dupe of Lush's Flying Fox, which is about as jasmine as you can get. And as I mentioned before, most of the Lush dupes seem to be spot on to me.

Hope I'm not too late to this party. I agree with the Citrus Tree recommendation. I think the Karma dupe is called Life Lessons and is the best one I've found. My other favorites are White Tea and Ginger, Citrus Bath, Celestial Sea and Leaves. I'll try to remember to add to the list tomorrow.

I LOVE Lush's Karma - so if they've got that buy a big bottle!

Hope I'm not too late to this party. I agree with the Citrus Tree recommendation. I think the Karma dupe is called Life Lessons and is the best one I've found. My other favorites are White Tea and Ginger, Citrus Bath, Celestial Sea and Leaves. I'll try to remember to add to the list tomorrow.
By overwhelming demand I've added Karma/Life Lessons. :cool:
My favorite is the Lavender and Spring Apricot.
That's a unique sounding one-added!

Y’all are such enablers. I’m trying so hard to whittle down my FO stash, but now I’m feeling this incredible urge to look at the FB website.

Make sure you have time set aside. They have a bazillion fragrances. 😁

They are also reasonably priced AND usually around Labor Day (or maybe Memorial Day--@dibbles, help me out here) and at the first of the year, they have a 25% off sale.

usually around Labor Day (or maybe Memorial Day--@dibbles, help me out here)
Labor Day for sure and I think Memorial Day too. And I think they have a Black Friday/Cyber Monday as well. I haven't looked for awhile because I'm still in FO time out (kind of) and haven't run out of any FB favorites yet, but I seem to remember that the IFRA rates aren't updated.

Make sure you have time set aside. They have a bazillion fragrances. 😁

They are also reasonably priced AND usually around Labor Day (or maybe Memorial Day--@dibbles, help me out here) and at the first of the year, they have a 25% off sale.

To further enable- they have 1 oz bottles to play with, so half the cost of places that only go down to 2 oz 😂

Back