Fragrance Body - MW Fragrance Recommendations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fragrance Buddy is currently having a 25% off sale with the code PROMO4, so I ordered a few scents that are new to me.

Bob's Flower Shop (thanks math ace for the knowledge that it smells like my favorite flower - carnations!)
Ancient Incense
Monkey Farts (since the reviews said it did NOT accelerate and my husband just asked for more soap in this scent)
Suntan Lotion
The Original

BTW - did I ever mention that their Weather Vane FO is amazing and sticks well past the 6 month mark?
I'm actually hoping to soap for the first time (in what seems like forever) this weekend - I just have to hold on until I'm off call at the hospital tomorrow!!
I'll be soaping all new to me FO's in these batches and trying some fun new additives like egg white powder, coconut powder, and vanilla bean specks :)

Since there's a sale, I will get my notes here as best I can.
Oakmoss - I haven't soaped it yet, but it is nice OOB and seems strong.
Black Canyon - Nice men's cologne type of fragrance. Holding well at 4 months. Discolors to medium brown.
The Comforter - At 4 months this has faded. I would be surprised if it lasted for a year.
Kingship - I wanted to compare this to Nurture's Anarchy - both are dupes of Lush Lord of Misrule. I just made soap to do this a few days ago. FB discolors to a light tan, NS to ivory. They are different, but similar. No comment on retention. I should also say don't judge OOB or while soaping. It develops beautifully during cure.
Butterfly Flower - Some acceleration and it riced the last time I used it. Nothing that isn't easily worked around. Sticks well.
Clean Cotton - at 4 months has faded considerably. Riced and accelerated. I don't recommend this one.
White Tea and Ginger - Strong and sticks. One of my favorites from FB. This one always seems to develop ash for me.
Pineapple Mango - Sweet, tropical fruity fragrance. Sticks well.

I placed my FB order. I guess we will have to test and update the forum with our findings.

I keep forgetting to try weathervane!

I ordered the following;
Bartlett pear,
Baby Powder,
Black Canyon,
Black Coconut,
City Life,
Cranberry Citrus,
Coconut lime verbena,
Cucumber Melon,
Dark Knight,
Heather,
Lavender sage,
Little Black Dress,
Mandarin Plum,
Monkey Farts,
Red Currant,
Sexual Liberation,
Sweater Weather,
White Mint,
Winter candy apple,
Winter princess,

At four months out,. I can recommend the following from FB for use in CP...

Honey pear - DON'T judge this one OOB. For the first month, this fragrance just gets better until it evolves into a cider type fragrance of medium strength.

Gypsy rose - the most realistic rose in CP that I've found. I made a recent mix using 50% this and 50% red rose from candle science. An wonderful rose blend if you want to experiment.

At 6 months,. FB blueberry muffin is a fruity muffin fragrance holding strong. It does discolor to dark brown.

FB plumeria is a wonderful floral that is holding strong at 10 months.

The three FB fragrances that I have curing right now and am hopeful about are :
1. weather vane
2. ancient incense
3. White mint

FB bartlett pear was a nice pear, but extremely light and fading at 3 months.

FB little black dress doesn't do anything for me. It reminds me of an old lady perfume and light

FB baby powder does discolor and fades around 4 months.

FB strawberry pound cake - what strawberry? Just vanilla based fragrance. Dark brown discoloring.

FB sexual liberation - not very sexual or liberating!

FB winter princess -. Blueberry cake. Why is it called winter princess?

FB monkey farts - 2 weeks into the cure and the banana aspect is fading.

FB mandarin plum - BIGGEST disappointment! Oob it reminded me of BB's discontinued sweet cranberry. It is nothing like that is soap.

Back