Fragrance “philosophy” for confetti soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammanley

Reaction score
Hi all,

(this is my first post- apologies for any mistakes!)

How do you scent your confetti soap?

I’ve made ten or so batches of soap, and I’m hooked! I’ve saved my beveled edges, and I’ve cut up some soaps that are safe to use/smell good but were cut too small/unevenly to give away.

I’d like to make confetti soap. I’m curious how other folks use fragrance in confetti soaps. How do you decide how to scent your confetti soap?

-do you leave the “base” soap unscented and just let the ‘confetti’ pieces scent the soap?
-do you select the “confetti” strategically so the fragrances will go together? Or do you just throw the extra pieces in the mold and see (and smell) how it turns out?
-do you add the same fragrance to the “base” soap that you add to the confetti pieces?
-or do you add fragrance that’s different than the “confetti,” but works with the scent, to create something new?

(note-when I say “base” here, I don’t mean like a melt-and-pour soap base. I mean the extra soap you add your “confetti” to.)

I think I’m going to add more fragrance to my confetti soap and try to match it with the scents in the confetti pieces.So I don’t think I’ll mimic the confetti exactly, but make something new that “makes sense.” (Or, makes “scents!”;))

I’m going to play around with it, but I wanted to hear what other folks do too. So again, I ask:

How do you scent your confetti soap?

Welcome! And glad to see Chicago in the house! Chicago was my home my entire adult life up until a couple years ago. I miss many aspects.
To answer your question, unlike certain Kiwis here who are obsessed with confetti soap, I've just made a few batches. I know specifically the essential oils I used in the confetti pieces so I will pick an essential oil for the base soap that's the same or complimentary. Good luck and go Cubbies!

Thanks, @Misschief , now this song will be in my head all day....https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/where-is-our-reality-show.86096/post-920589
RIP late great Harry Nilsson…

I pick something that will go with the confetti. I made a terrazzo with lemongrass, soap lavender soap, and a sweet grass fragrance that was full of soda ash. I added verbena to the batter and called it springtime terrazzo. People loved it.

The confetti batches I've done so far have always been made with shreds and bits of older soap. I give the shreds a big sniff just to check, but I've never found the shreds have much scent anymore. So I'm free to choose whatever fragrance I want for the soap batter.

I think using a younger soap that's still strongly scented as confetti might change my thinking. In that case, I'd probably choose a scent for the batter that blended nicely with or was the same as the scent in the confetti.

I recently made confetti Soap and used a scent close to the shreds it smells good with a hint of the other shreds in it which worked. See the pics and video

Attachments

• 2022-05-30-183730257.mp4
    16.6 MB
  • 20220531_175115.jpg
    20220531_175115.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220530_180702.jpg
    20220530_180702.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back