Found a wallet...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
My 10 y/o daughter found a wallet today, it had about 150 dollars in it. Just to test her we asked her what we should do w/ it. "Should we call the man & tell him we found it or keep the money & throw the wallet away?" She looked at us like we were crazy & said "call him!" He met us to reclaim the wallet & gave her a 20dollar bill. He did not even look inside to see if the cash was still there.

Tabitha said:
My 10 y/o daughter found a wallet today, it had about 150 dollars in it. Just to test her we asked her what we should do w/ it. "Should we call the man & tell him we found it or keep the money & throw the wallet away?" She looked at us like we were crazy & said "call him!" He met us to reclaim the wallet & gave her a 20dollar bill. He did not even look inside to see if the cash was still there.

lovely story..and yeah..most kids that age are more honest than a lot of adults...:)

cheers to your daughter..:)

coming home for christmas one year, i stopped at the grocery store and then left my purse in the cart! the cart boy turned it into the service desk who looked through my contacts and called "home" to ask if i lived there. thank goodness i had arrived or my mom probably would have had a heart attack!

i was so thankful that he found it and was honest!

cheers to your daughter!

See now thats good karma :)..... I remember I found a wallet just the same as a kid and was presented with the same situation...did the same as well, I really do agree that kids are more honest than most adults (though they do try to see what the boundaries are) with situations such as that I think kids get such a great pleasure feeling like they are the hero of the day :)

Kudos to your daughter!

Ian

Tell your daughter she did good! :) Good for you and her! Many parents today do not instill that kind of honesty. Kudos to you Tab, and Dan! 8) :D

Paul :wink:

What a nice story, with all the horrible stuff we see on TV, it's nice to know that there are still sweet honest kids out there.

I found a wad of money once when I was working for $4.25/hr at Subway.. It was a bunch of hundred dollar bills. I'm embarassed to admit, but with making so little money, and having so many bills, I was tempted for like 30 seconds to keep it, but of course I did the right thing and turned it in... but here's the kicker-The man came in to claim it, but got mad at me because he said that he lost $800.00 and there was only $600.00 he accused me of stealing it and threatened to go to the police if I didn't return his other $200.00... At the time I was sorry I turned in the money since this guy was such a jerk and actually had the nerve to accuse me of taking his money, when I was the one who turned it in! What a jerk.

Jules, I believe in kharma. I am going to bet as soon as he left w/ his 600 dollars his engine overheated & it cost him 1000 to repair it :wink: .

W/ the wallet my daughter found, even more important than the money, the guy's green card was in it. He would have had a world of trouble replacing that!

We were down at the coast (4 hour drive) for a relaxing weekend. The man that lost it was there I guess for a visit as well. His Id said he lived in Houston which is about an hour from the beach. I was afraid w/ no ID, no cash & no credit cards he may not have even been able to get back home. He did not speak English but brought someone to translate for him.

When I woke mydaughter up this morning, the first thing out of her mouth was "I still can't believe about the 147 dollars :shock: !"

Tabitha, you done good and look....it trickled right down to your daughter! Kudos to you both. k

Back