FOs...What am I missing?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've tried a few FOs since I've been soaping, but many (I'd say most) of the ones I've tried have a medicine/chemical smell or otherwise smell of flowers/perfume in a "woman-of-disrepute-in-a-house-of-worship" sort of way. Can someone recommend a good, clean spa scent in an FO?

One of the fave's among both the men and women amongst my family and friends is Salty Mariner from Daystar. It's a clean, salty sea air type of scent that I suppose one could definitely consider spa-like. It's long-lasting and strong at only .5oz ppo, which is good because it's a fast mover when used much higher than that.

IrishLass :)

I've tried a few FOs since I've been soaping, but many (I'd say most) of the ones I've tried have a medicine/chemical smell or otherwise smell of flowers/perfume in a "woman-of-disrepute-in-a-house-of-worship" sort of way. Can someone recommend a good, clean spa scent in an FO?

I’ve only made a couple batches of soap with FO and I am also in the same thought process of the chemically or over-perfumey soap. Mostly my husband can’t stand it so I make most soap with EOs. However, I do make lotion with FOs and my best-selling scent is Kentish Rain from Brambleberry. Idk what spa is supposed to smell like but this one is fresh and clean!

I’ve only made a couple batches of soap with FO and I am also in the same thought process of the chemically or over-perfumey soap. Mostly my husband can’t stand it so I make most soap with EOs. However, I do make lotion with FOs and my best-selling scent is Kentish Rain from Brambleberry. Idk what spa is supposed to smell like but this one is fresh and clean!

Guessing “Kentish Rain” is sort of like “Irish Spring?”

If you do want Irish Spring, Sweetcakes has a dead-on dupe. DayStar has a nice ocean/pond one called Ahoy Matey.

It's hard to find spa scents that aren't migraine inducing - so many are overly herbal or too floral. I'll have to try Kentish Rain based on everyone's suggestions!

've tried a few FOs since I've been soaping, but many (I'd say most) of the ones I've tried have a medicine/chemical smell or otherwise smell of flowers/perfume in a "woman-of-disrepute-in-a-house-of-worship" sort of way. Can someone recommend a good, clean spa scent in an FO?
I'm curious where you're getting your fo's from? Good ones shouldn't have a chemical smell to them.

I like Inishmoor from Soapalooza, but it can be a fast mover. It sticks and smells fresh and clean. It is a eucalyptus/mint FO. There are several others, but this is the only one I have tried.

Back