FOs - Scent Memory Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love black pearl and velvet sandalwood. Try tuberose. It is unbelievable. Scent retention is strong. I nearly weep it is so good
How does it behave? I have a big (well, big for me--8 oz) bottle of Rose Noir that I bought scent-unsmelled when she was discontinuing it. It's a beautiful floral--rose but not sickly sweet rose, and it behaves perfectly---no acceleration and no discoloration. The description of it says top notes of freesia and grapefruit, but I don't get any of those.

How does it behave? I have a big (well, big for me--8 oz) bottle of Rose Noir that I bought scent-unsmelled when she was discontinuing it. It's a beautiful floral--rose but not sickly sweet rose, and it behaves perfectly---no acceleration and no discoloration. The description of it says top notes of freesia and grapefruit, but I don't get any of those.
It behaved very well for me. I soaped with rose noir and had no issues with that as well. Rose de vents is her best rose I think. I like rose 31 as well but it is more of a traditional rose

Just a heads up to those who use Scent Memory fragrances---it appears she has changed the
name of about half a dozen or so fragrances. All were perfume dupes, but the changes were from dupes of different original parfumers, so I'm not sure what prompted it. Maybe she wanted the names to be more descriptive of the scent--for instance, Bibliote'que, which is a dupe of Byredo Bibliote'que (and is gorgeous, BTW), is now called Plum and Parchment. If you know her site and fragrances, she has not changed the picture, which is what alerted me to it
originally. Angel's Share ( a dupe of Kilian's Angel's Share, which is also a lovely fragrance) had a very distinctive picture, and I noticed that picture with the fragrance called Cognac and Spiced Praline. Her dupes all say "our version of....." so it was easy to confirm it was the same FO, and I went through the site to see how many had changed.

Has anybody soaped with spiced cardamom? I did and the scent changed to something akin to smoked meat! I started wondering if it was the olive oil I used or some weird reaction with the alkanet powder I used. I also soaped with Oajan, now Honeyed Cinnamon & Amber, which during the cure initially smelled awesome, just like my candles with the FO, but have now also developed a little more of a savory scent. It is such a beautiful sweet FO and now it is changing about 2 weeks into the cure. That is what made me wonder if it could be my olive oil or something.

Has anybody soaped with spiced cardamom? I did and the scent changed to something akin to smoked meat! I started wondering if it was the olive oil I used or some weird reaction with the alkanet powder I used. I also soaped with Oajan, now Honeyed Cinnamon & Amber, which during the cure initially smelled awesome, just like my candles with the FO, but have now also developed a little more of a savory scent. It is such a beautiful sweet FO and now it is changing about 2 weeks into the cure. That is what made me wonder if it could be my olive oil or something.
I have soaped with both. Oajan kept its scent for me (hot process). Smelled Mediterranean to me.
Spiced cardamom’s a stunner but definitely changed during the cure. Not unpleasant but I made a perfume and it kept more of the original scent notes

I have soaped with it. (spiced cardamom). No smoked meat here. In fact, the fragrance pretty much disappeared in CP soap. I made them Jan. 24, and the curing soap has almost no fragrance. :(

Just a heads up to those who use Scent Memory fragrances---it appears she has changed the
name of about half a dozen or so fragrances. All were perfume dupes, but the changes were from dupes of different original parfumers, so I'm not sure what prompted it. Maybe she wanted the names to be more descriptive of the scent--for instance, Bibliote'que, which is a dupe of Byredo Bibliote'que (and is gorgeous, BTW), is now called Plum and Parchment. If you know her site and fragrances, she has not changed the picture, which is what alerted me to it
originally. Angel's Share ( a dupe of Kilian's Angel's Share, which is also a lovely fragrance) had a very distinctive picture, and I noticed that picture with the fragrance called Cognac and Spiced Praline. Her dupes all say "our version of....." so it was easy to confirm it was the same FO, and I went through the site to see how many had changed.
She did say that she left the type name in the description so that they could be found. Hopefully that’s helpful.

That's what I assumed, but I was curious because it seemed random, they were all from different houses. I wonder if the website is a work in progress and she's going to change
most of the names.
I really think she’s a one woman show. She does update everything on her Facebook page.

I made a batch of sugar scrub yesterday with Rose and Peppered Plum, used at 1.5% (9 grams of fragrance oil in a 600 gram batch of scrub), and it is STRONG. Holy cow! I love the smell overall and I am not especially sensitive to perfumes, but this is literally eye-watering. Even after washing my hands with hot water and soap I can smell the fragrance quite clearly. It's the kind of strong that makes people move away from you on the bus. It's the kind of strong that gets you a lecture from your boss for wearing too much perfume at work.

I wonder if there was a mistake in diluting the FO before bottling, since others have reported it as being light. I am going to have to trash most of this scrub and dilute the rest with an unscented batch.

I made a batch of sugar scrub yesterday with Rose and Peppered Plum, used at 1.5% (9 grams of fragrance oil in a 600 gram batch of scrub), and it is STRONG. Holy cow! I love the smell overall and I am not especially sensitive to perfumes, but this is literally eye-watering. Even after washing my hands with hot water and soap I can smell the fragrance quite clearly. It's the kind of strong that makes people move away from you on the bus. It's the kind of strong that gets you a lecture from your boss for wearing too much perfume at work.

I wonder if there was a mistake in diluting the FO before bottling, since others have reported it as being light. I am going to have to trash most of this scrub and dilute the rest with an unscented batch.

I never noticed it as being light--I made a perfume and it easily lasted all day. I just reread the reviews on her site and I didn't notice any comments about it being light. I have not made soap with it because it discolors so badly, but I can see how it would be really strong if not mitigated with lye.

I never noticed it as being light--I made a perfume and it easily lasted all day. I just reread the reviews on her site and I didn't notice any comments about it being light. I have not made soap with it because it discolors so badly, but I can see how it would be really strong if not mitigated with lye.
I thought someone posted in this thread about it being light, maybe I misread. I still intend to use it up, but at .5% or so, so this bottle will probably last the rest of my life. :D

omg you guys are SO BAD! I was sooooooooooo proud of myself for not having bought any new FOs this year.

Ugh. Now my cart is full of SM treasures and I feel positively giddy hitting the check out now button, even though I know I shouldn't.

I am seriously going to have to destash at some point soon... or build more shelves 😂

omg you guys are SO BAD! I was sooooooooooo proud of myself for not having bought any new FOs this year.

Ugh. Now my cart is full of SM treasures and I feel positively giddy hitting the check out now button, even though I know I shouldn't.

I am seriously going to have to destash at some point soon... or build more shelves 😂
:winner: :nodding: Shelves worked for me. And tubs. And bins. And I need an intervention.....

ETA: If you're making an order, add Jazz Club and/or Whispers in the Library. Trust me on this.....

@Carly B So there goes wine all over the keyboard 😂 🍷 😂 aaaaaaand.... yep, they both made the cut, and about a dozen of their siblings.
So whadja get, huh? I also really like Sunday--one of the nicest men's fragrances I've found. And I also like Bohemian Spa--it's really different--I get cloves and other spices from it.

Be aware, Jazz Club and Whispers both discolor CP soap, and Boho Spa doesn't play nice with CP. I ended up making M&P (as well as other stuff) with Boho just because I wanted to shower with it. :)

@Carly B I don't want to look at my purchase order 😂 😂 😂 I'll spend the whole day fretting over everything I bought or start cruising the site again and fretting over what I *didn't* buy.

I'm just going to let my little spending spree fade into memory and withhold excitement until the box arrives.

thank you for the tip though on the discoloring and naughtiness! I do have Sunday in the collection already, I haven't used it yet, but its made its way to the top of the rotation.

I seriously have no self-control with FOs. I'm like a junkie. :p

Back