FOs - Scent Memory Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not good on this topic, but I love a mint/eucalyptus scent, or a mild roses.
I really don't like lavender.

And from the bits of this thread I've seen, it seems that various vendors have various qualities of fragrance.
I struggled to find good fragrances until I found scent memory. I initially wanted to try candles but am not good at making them.
I really love the variety I have found and scent memory has a lovely eucalyptus tea fo and quite a few rose scents. Rose 31 is light and I use it for my face care regime at .5 g per 100 g of recipe.
There is a do son dupe that is incredible. It’s a light jasmine. There is something for everyone.

@Future_Ghost
@TashaBird
@Mobjack Bay
@Vicki C
@contrinokathy
@dibbles
@Carly B
@Laura@huntress moon
@Virgogoddess
@Milk Machine

For future reference, and easy access, I’m wondering if we could post reviews/results like this one right on the Scent Memory Fragrance site:

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/fos-scent-memory-fragrance.88097/page-4#post-950203
Whatcha all think? Good idea? "yes" Or not? "not"
I don’t have an opinion

So I soaped with rose peppered plum yesterday, just cut it and it smells fabulous. I did just under 5%, could have gone higher and if I had more I would have. I believe the irfa was 11%?
I also made this scent in lotion bars and it’s very light. Too light, I think. Have to up the %. It’s absolutely lovely scent! I started with it in a solid perfume and I can’t get enough! Also, definitely discolors.

So I soaped with rose peppered plum yesterday, just cut it and it smells fabulous. I did just under 5%, could have gone higher and if I had more I would have. I believe the irfa was 11%?
I also made this scent in lotion bars and it’s very light. Too light, I think. Have to up the %. It’s absolutely lovely scent! I started with it in a solid perfume and I can’t get enough! Also, definitely discolors.
Also, slight acceleration. Normal with a floral

Attachments

• 7365F7A9-8331-43FB-A589-9F08B47F3DCD.jpeg
    7365F7A9-8331-43FB-A589-9F08B47F3DCD.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 48F1493F-546C-4D2B-A8B1-84833AD226C0.jpeg
    48F1493F-546C-4D2B-A8B1-84833AD226C0.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Beautiful. It is a great fragrance

Another update on ones I have soaped with:
Cafe Vetiver is awesome! I mentioned before I was afraid that OOB it smelled too similar to some of the others I bought but it doesn't in actuality. I purchased it after getting the sample packet of it in my first order. In soap it smell like I remembered that blotter sample smelling. I guess blotter strips do work!
Noir 29 is also good and distinct from Cafe V. Maybe more woodsy? I'm not good with notes & describing scents. It's good but not one of my favorites.

Today I just made Rose & Peppered Plum and Pine Resin & Gauiac wood. Up next will be Exclusif, Bohemian Spa and lastly Ol Mossy Walls. And then I'm cutting myself off.

Maybe

Cafe Vetiver is awesome! I mentioned before I was afraid that OOB it smelled too similar to some of the others I bought but it doesn't in actuality. I purchased it after getting the sample packet of it in my first order. In soap it smell like I remembered that blotter sample smelling. I guess blotter strips do work!
Noir 29 is also good and distinct from Cafe V. Maybe more woodsy? I'm not good with notes & describing scents. It's good but not one of my favorites.

Today I just made Rose & Peppered Plum and Pine Resin & Gauiac wood. Up next will be Exclusif, Bohemian Spa and lastly Ol Mossy Walls. And then I'm cutting myself off.

Maybe

I'm crazy about Bohemian Spa--so far I stretched my 1 oz bottle into a solid hair conditioner, a single M&P soap, a roll-on perfume, an after shower lotion, and a spray perfume. All small sizes, but that's how strong the fragrance is. I took advantage of her sale and got a 4oz bottle at 30% off. Along with several other things. :nodding: But I don't expect those to show up for a while.

Monday I soaped with Vanilla Oat Milk. Used goatmilk powder and colloidal oatmeal in my tallow recipe. It has turned a nice, rich brown and really smells like a warm hug. I made wax tarts with Ol Mossy Walls and Jazz Club and Arugula. Jazz Club is WONDERFUL. The the other two are good, but Jazz Club is one of my favorites now. Got a bigger bottle of that for soap. I used my whole little bottle making tarts.

Maybe
Nice selection. I have far foo many fos lol

Anyone soap with Delina yet? Any discoloration?

Trying to get info on their FB page as well, so far no one has soaped with it and used light colors.
I soaped a few days ago with Delina Exclusif, Bohemian Spa & Ol Mossy walls.
Exclusif did accelerate and discolor. I use Goat's Milk and try to use only clays and other more natural colors. Exclusif is so feminine & pretty smelling that I wanted to do a pretty swirl with pink, purple & indigo. It looks awful. It got pretty thick quickly and is darkening. Next time I'll try something more simple. But it smells fantastic.

Ol Mossy Walls is nice too. OOB I get a lot of patchouli but in soap it smells more eucalyptus or minty.

Bohemian Spa is much more spicy (clove, anise) than I thought it would be. I guess the word "spa" gave me different ideas. It is strong & behaved well. Just a lot more Christmas spice than I imagined

Pine Resin & Guaic wood gets pretty dark. I used French green clay and it ended up a dark green/brown. So instead of pine needles I got bark but it works. It's nice. Good for Christmas as well but also just a nice pleasant pine scent for a year round woodsy soap

Rose & peppered plum also got fairly dark with some pink & kaolin clay. But it smells amazing. It's a real winner

Exclusif did accelerate and discolor.

Bohemian Spa is much more spicy (clove, anise) than I thought it would be. I guess the word "spa" gave me different ideas. It is strong & behaved well. Just a lot more Christmas spice than I imagined
Glad to hear about both Exclusif and BohoSpa. I had read that Boho accelerated, it's good to know that's not always the case. Any discoloration? I love it so much I ordered a 4 oz bottle during her sale (I'm a hobby soaper--I only have 4 oz or larger of my favs), so I want to make a batch of CP soap with it if it behaves. I don't get Christmas at all. To me, it smells like an old Lush fragrance that I loved which I don't associate with Christmas.

Exclusif was the very first Scent Memory fragrance I smelled. It blew me away with how strong it was, but I liked it. I'll definitely make a perfume and possibly a lotion, but my soapmaking roots 15+ years ago are in M&P, and the bases now are much nicer than the bases I found then, so I may make a couple M+P soaps with it. I made a single M&P soap
using Boho Spa and a 3 butter detergent free M&P base, and it's quite nice.

I had read that Boho accelerated, it's good to know that's not always the case. Any discoloration?
Actually, Bohemian did accelerate. I forgot about it because I did a single color and didn't mess around before getting it in the mold. I don't think it discolored. I used Alkanet root to get a nice purple/gray and am really pleased with how it looks.

I thought Bohemian Spa was Christmasy too, wasn’t what I expected. interestingly it was one of very few soaps that my husband made a point of saying he liked. I don’t think it accelerated for me.

Has anyone soaped with Scent Memory Wild Fig and Cassis yet or London Calling yet? :)
I have not soaped with wild fig. I am looking forward to soaping with London calling. I love it.
I immediately made soap with tuberose and it is so beautiful. It is a little light but the notes come through. I also am looking forward to soaping sigh spiced cardamom. It is so nice

Just an update: I’ve now soaped with rose peppered plum, franc ensens, tuberose, mad tea party, holiday pomander, sugared rose petals, Japanese woods. None of these fragrances accelerated.
What do you think of Japanese woods & Franc ensens? Also, how similar or different are sugared rose petals & rose Peppered plum? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back