FOs - Scent Memory Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Mobjack Bay and @dibbles, the ones I make are stupid easy, since all they are is a method to get yummy fragrance on me. :)

Get some roll-on bottles. I have some nice brown glass ones, in case I want to give one to someone, and I have some little plastic ones too.
1662575403073.png
<----these are $12.99 for 24, I think when I got them I got a dozen for I forget how much. https://www.amazon.com/10ml-Roller-Bottles-Essential-Oils/dp/B079FNHY4B/ref=lp_23627240011_1_2

They have them in all different colors.

Anyway, I look at the IFRA to make sure it's not going to rot my skin off, then I put some FO in
the bottle (usually just a few drops, but it depends) and then fill the bottle almost full with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil, cover the bottle top with my finger and shake it up, then test it to see if it's as strong as I want (I left room to add another couple drops if necessary), then pop in the roller ball and screw on the top.

Done. If you know what fragrance you want to use and have everything handy, it literally takes less than a minute or two.:swinging:

Edited to add: Most of the Scent Memory fragrances I've tried (with the exception of Boulangerie) would make great perfumes, (duh, since most are based on perfumes), and the nice thing is that it's a way to get a lot out of 30ml trial sizes, AND it uses so little that it doesn't hurt to take a few drops from a fragrance otherwise earmarked for a different project.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered from scent memory. I’ll update when I Soap with them. Although I’m planning to use some in lotion and scrubs.
Here’s my list:
Baltic Amber
Your skin but better
Seven veils
Rose and peppered plum
Bibliothe’que
Butter bomb
Grapefruit and peony
Dragon punch
Coco spice
Delina
Baccarat rouge
Mad tea party
Franc encens
Melon milk
Berry compote
Whispers in the library
Orange petal marshmallow
Tuberose
Just a short update:
Out of the bottle and made a few solid perfumes. No soap yet.
LOVE
Melon Milk
Whispers in the Library
Delina
Bibliothec
Baltic Amber
Coco Spice Horel
Butterbomb

Like everything else except
Seven veils is just ok to me
Our skin but better ( so light) not sure what to do with it?

Just a short update:
LOVE
Melon Milk
Whispers in the Library
Delina
Bibliothec
Baltic Amber
Coco Spice Horel
Butterbomb

I agree about Whispers and Bibliothec and Seven Veils. Delina just hit me as a strong floral. I discovered that Your Skin but Better smells best when you haven't smelled any strong fragrances first. I really like it. I made a perfume roll-on, but even better than that, I put it in some moisturizing body spray base, and I spritz it on after my shower in the morning. Doing that, it really does become like my skin but better. To hubby, it doesn't smell like I'm wearing perfume, but I just smell "really good." :)

Just a short update:
LOVE
Melon Milk
Whispers in the Library
Delina
Bibliothec
Baltic Amber
Coco Spice Horel
Butterbomb

I agree about Whispers and Bibliothec and Seven Veils. Delina just hit me as a strong floral. I discovered that Your Skin but Better smells best when you haven't smelled any strong fragrances first. I really like it. I made a perfume roll-on, but even better than that, I put it in
some moisturizing body spray base, and I spritz it on after my shower in the morning. Doing that, it really does become like my skin but better. To hubby, it doesn't smell like I'm wearing perfume, but I just smell "really good." :)
I was curious if Whispers in the Library and Bibliotheque are too similar to each other or are different enough to include in the same line of products. Basically how would you describe them? I have Biblio and really like it in soap

I was curious if Whispers in the Library and Bibliotheque are too similar to each other or are different enough to include in the same line of products. Basically how would you describe them? I have Biblio and really like it in soap

They are similar, but both very beautiful fragrances. If you smell them side by side, they smell differently, but in thinking about them without having them in front of me, they sort of merge into one. I don't get the plum/peach she says is in Biblio.

Quite honestly, I wonder if the similarity in my mind is that both fragrance names conjure up books. I wonder if they were named differently, would they smell similar?

How does Biblio soap? I'm mostly asking about acceleration--I'm thinking about soaping a small batch today.

They are similar, but both very beautiful fragrances. If you smell them side by side, they smell differently, but in thinking about them without having them in front of me, they sort of merge into one. I don't get the plum/peach she says is in Biblio.

Quite honestly, I wonder if the similarity in my mind is that both fragrance names conjure up books. I wonder if they were named differently, would they smell similar?

How does Biblio soap? I'm mostly asking about acceleration--I'm thinking about soaping a small batch today.
I don't think it accelerated. If it did only slightly. But it does discolor a lot. I read that and thought I would add 1 tsp of dead sea clay to work with it towards an old weathered paper kind of look. It came out of the mold kind of yellow. Like, almost neon yellow but as it has cured it has gotten more & more brown. So instead of aged paper I got a leather look which also works. Next time I will add some white clay to try to lighten it a bit

I think they are completely different. Whispers is light and playful to me relative to biblioteque. I prefer biblioteque because it’s deep and mysterious.

They are very similar, but I love them both. I think I like whispers better. Maybe try them in a small quantity and determine. Unfortunately I’m not one of those people who can smell different individual scents within a scent. Sorry. I do tend to like sweeter if that helps any?
Also, I made both of them in solid perfume and had people smell them and people said they couldn’t tell the difference. I could!

I’m gonna do melon milk, butter bomb and your skin but better in body butters!

Anyone soap with Delina yet? Any discoloration?

Trying to get info on their FB page as well, so far no one has soaped with it and used light colors.
I soaped with it. I made a wine Castile soap with Merlot. I can’t honestly say if it discolored because the wine had it a lovely burgundy. It may have darkened some over time.

I succumbed and got more fragrances, even four 30ml samples. This order didn't blow me
away like the first order, but I think that's because my expectations were higher. Not to say the fragrances aren't lovely, they are, but having such a killer-good first order, the bar was set pretty high. I also reordered Byredo Sunday and Bohemian Spa, which I fell in love with from the first order.

I haven't used any yet, but a few from this order are destined for wax tarts and a couple will
be lovely perfumes in addition to the soaps.

I really like Angel's Share and Jazz Club for tarts, and Bergamote 22 will make a lovely summer perfume. A couple, like Arugula and Mossy Forest Path are destined for tarts due to the low IFRA for soap (although quite a few have the mysterious low soap IFRA but high lotion IFRA.:smallshrug:)

Haven't decided on a favorite yet, so far I don't like any of them as much as Bohemian Spa, but there aren't any I dislike.

I succumbed and got more fragrances, even four 30ml samples. This order didn't blow me
away like the first order, but I think that's because my expectations were higher. Not to say the fragrances aren't lovely, they are, but having such a killer-good first order, the bar was set pretty high. I also reordered Byredo Sunday and Bohemian Spa, which I fell in love with from the first order.

I haven't used any yet, but a few from this order are destined for wax tarts and a couple will
be lovely perfumes in addition to the soaps.

I really like Angel's Share and Jazz Club for tarts, and Bergamote 22 will make a lovely summer perfume. A couple, like Arugula and Mossy Forest Path are destined for tarts due to the low IFRA for soap (although quite a few have the mysterious low soap IFRA but high lotion IFRA.:smallshrug:)

Haven't decided on a favorite yet, so far I don't like any of them as much as Bohemian Spa, but there aren't any I dislike.
Angels share and mossy Forest path as well as a few others are being reformulated to be skin safe. Exotic orchid and musk is another one and it is a beautiful fragrance.
Boho spa is stunning. I personally love many of the new ones - London calling, tuberose and spicy cardamom. I just finished perfumes for the fall/holiday season. I also love winter solstice which is very versatile

Angels share and mossy Forest path as well as a few others are being reformulated to be skin safe. Exotic orchid and musk is another one and it is a beautiful fragrance.
Boho spa is stunning. I personally love many of the new ones - London calling, tuberose and spicy cardamom. I just finished perfumes for the fall/holiday season. I also love winter solstice which is very versatile
I got the 30 ml sample of Spiced Cardamom and a 2 oz bottle of London Calling. Were I to do it over, I would probably get a bigger bottle of the Spiced Cardamom and a smaller bottle of London, however it will be good as a soap or a tart. Spiced Cardamom is destined for perfume, but I could see myself ordering it again for soap.

Here's an odd thing--I dropped Kristen an email about it. I just made some tarts with Arugula, because the website lists the percentages like this:
WASH OFF PRODUCTS...1.7
PERFUME...7.03
BODY LOTION...3.33

However, on the bottle of Arugula, it says SOAP: 26.67% and LOTION: 10.37% Quite a difference.
One of the reviews mentioned making soap, and I thought "How do they do that with a 1.7% usage rate?" so I'm not sure which percentage is correct.

Here's an odd thing--I dropped Kristen an email about it. I just made some tarts with Arugula, because the website lists the percentages like this:
WASH OFF PRODUCTS...1.7
PERFUME...7.03
BODY LOTION...3.33

However, on the bottle of Arugula, it says SOAP: 26.67% and LOTION: 10.37% Quite a difference.
One of the reviews mentioned making soap, and I thought "How do they do that with a 1.7% usage rate?" so I'm not sure which percentage is correct.
I think I remember reading that the usage rate had changed with the new IFRA guidelines, and she was redoing labels. Maybe your bottle had an old label. I’d trust the website as I know she has everything updated there. Also, I think Arugula is being reformulated to increase the usage rate. I was interested in that one, but passed because of the low usage rate. It sounds like something I would like.

Back