FOs - Scent Memory Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tested the first four of my samples today. I can't report on discoloration or scent retention, but while it's fresh in my mind my first impressions. I will also update the fragrance notes when I can - they are currently in the newborn nursery on a heating pad and tucked into their blanket so I expect some changes.

Neroli Portofino - Neroli is one of my favorite scents. It's present here, but I want more. A very nice blend - neither too masculine or feminine. It smells expensive. It was easy to soap with, and actually seemed to slow trace. I ordered 2 ounces of this and I'm going to try mixing it with some All Souls Day from Nurture which I really like but it accelerates and discolors to yellow. Hoping the blend bumps the neroli and tames the naughty FO - and ends up being something I love. I also want to try Neroli Blossom from Scent Memory as a comparison - it might be closer to what I ultimately want from a neroli FO.

Helloooo Sailor - This is the only one that accelerated - not unworkable, but I wouldn't plan something that takes a long time to pour. I think an ITP swirl, drop swirl or any kind of hanger swirl could be made. There are some spicy notes, and it does seem to be more masculine than I first thought. I'd still use it myself, but will definitely keep it around for hubby. He has to like it - I'm not giving him the choice to not.

Black Saffron - I suspect this one will discolor some - not sure how much. It is probably the strongest of the samples I ordered. It is very complex and quite lovely. At first I thought 'fruity floral' but it's not really quite that. There are a lot of notes that just blend together in a beautiful way. Behaved well while soaping.

Mojave Ghost - Definitely woody. I mostly smell sandalwood, and I'm not picking up much of the floral as yet in the soap. It's quite nice and was easy to soap.

I ordered a sample of Baccarat Rouge and I love it. I made a small - okay, tiny - solid perfume with it. I really hope this one soaps well and the fragrance sticks. It is my favorite of the ones I ordered. Hopefully I'll be able to test the others soon.

contrinokathy

Reaction score
I tested the first four of my samples today. I can't report on discoloration or scent retention, but while it's fresh in my mind my first impressions. I will also update the fragrance notes when I can - they are currently in the newborn nursery on a heating pad and tucked into their blanket so I expect some changes.

Neroli Portofino - Neroli is one of my favorite scents. It's present here, but I want more. A very nice blend - neither too masculine or feminine. It smells expensive. It was easy to soap with, and actually seemed to slow trace. I ordered 2 ounces of this and I'm going to try mixing it with some All Souls Day from Nurture which I really like but it accelerates and discolors to yellow. Hoping the blend bumps the neroli and tames the naughty FO - and ends up being something I love. I also want to try Neroli Blossom from Scent Memory as a comparison - it might be closer to what I ultimately want from a neroli FO.

Helloooo Sailor - This is the only one that accelerated - not unworkable, but I wouldn't plan something that takes a long time to pour. I think an ITP swirl, drop swirl or any kind of hanger swirl could be made. There are some spicy notes, and it does seem to be more masculine than I first thought. I'd still use it myself, but will definitely keep it around for hubby. He has to like it - I'm not giving him the choice to not.

Black Saffron - I suspect this one will discolor some - not sure how much. It is probably the strongest of the samples I ordered. It is very complex and quite lovely. At first I thought 'fruity floral' but it's not really quite that. There are a lot of notes that just blend together in a beautiful way. Behaved well while soaping.

Mojave Ghost - Definitely woody. I mostly smell sandalwood, and I'm not picking up much of the floral as yet in the soap. It's quite nice and was easy to soap.

I ordered a sample of Baccarat Rouge and I love it. I made a small - okay, tiny - solid perfume with it. I really hope this one soaps well and the fragrance sticks. It is my favorite of the ones I ordered. Hopefully I'll be able to test the others soon.
Portofino is one of my personal favorites. They are all so beautiful

Latest posts