1. We are helping test out a new project for soapmakers. Soapmaking Friend. If you are interested in providing feedback and help guide this project to include all you want to see in a recipe builder and calculator please PM an Admin or post in the Announcements forum. Your feedback is really needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Forum changes (put all issues found on this thread)

Discussion in 'SMF Announcements, Comments, Help & Rules' started by SaltedFig, Jan 30, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Jul 29, 2018 #461

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

I started a new thread yesterday "Lavender 40/42 but it does not seem to be showing up. At least I cannot see it unless I click on the My Threads link

2. Jul 29, 2018 #462

lsg

lsg

lsg

Staff Member Admin

It is still there, in Shopping Recommendations. I just posted on it to bring it to the top of the list.

Angie likes this.
  3. Aug 6, 2018 #463

chela1261

chela1261

chela1261

Supporting Member

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this! Underneath my avatar it says "well known member" instead of "supporting member". I paid for the year back in January. In fact I was charged twice and they refunded me one charge. Can someone check into that please?
    Thanks

4. Aug 6, 2018 #464

Angie

Angie

Angie

Staff Member Admin

I'll check into this for you.

5. Aug 6, 2018 #465

Angie

Angie

Angie

Staff Member Admin

I've got you set you now.

6. Aug 7, 2018 #466

earlene

earlene

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper Lifetime Supporter

Apparently several posts (14?) to the thread "de-funk de pits" have gone missing since last night. Before I fell asleep, I opened the thread on page 25, wherein there were 500 posts, (#500 by Gaisy59) and had not advance to page 26 before falling asleep. I left the page open and this morning discovered I got an error message when I tried to like any post on page 25 or to Reply to any post on page 25. So I did not even try advancing to page 26. Instead I opened up a new window in my browser to see what it shows. It shows a total post count for the thread at 496 and none of the post numbers on that page match the posts with the same post numbers of the page 25 I still have open in my browser from last night.

There are 8 newer posts since the last one on page 25 of last night so the count should be at least 508, but it is now at 496, therefore I conclude that 14 posts have disappeared from the thread overnight.

Here is a screen shot of page 25 which shows there are 2 more posts on page 26 that I had not yet advanced to last night.
    posts disappearing de-funct pits thread_001.JPG

Here is a screen shot of how page 25 looks this morning with the altered post count numbers:
    posts disappearing de-funct pits thread_002.JPG

7. Aug 10, 2018 #467

chela1261

chela1261

chela1261

Supporting Member

Thank you Angie!

8. Aug 10, 2018 #468

Angie

Angie

Angie

Staff Member Admin

I see that 2 are missing to take it to the next page. The 14, I don’t know about. Maybe something was modded out? And if you could give me a link to that thread and not just a screen shot, it would be very helpful.

9. Aug 10, 2018 #469

earlene

earlene

earlene

Sorry for not responding soon, Angie. Also sorry for not including a link. Relle sent me a message that she had been merging some posts, so that's how the numbers got changed.

Angie likes this.
  10. Aug 12, 2018 #470

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  11. Aug 13, 2018 #471

Angie

Angie

Angie

Staff Member Admin

1. No on the “Yesterday’s forum activity” thread being able to be turned off and on here, it is a separate plug in associated with this s/w but not of this s/w. I don’t even have access to that a control.

2. Turning off email notifications needs to be done on Alert Preference and preferences. I need to check your admin profile and see if I can find where your email notification are still on.

SaltedFig likes this.
  12. Aug 13, 2018 #472

Angie

Angie

Angie

Staff Member Admin

@SaltedFig You still had checked to receive emails from when new conversation message is received. I unchecked that so you won’t get that email. If I miss read you wanting to not receive those email notifications, just let me know and I’ll turn it back on for you.

13. Aug 13, 2018 #473

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Angie, but I turned it back on at the conclusion of the test (but before I posted here). I raised it more as a general notation that the email notification didn't block messages from other people (only my own posts).

Thank you for looking at this - I'll leave the report with you for now & for my own a/c I'm happy to turn it back on again at my leisure :)

Thank you for this reply. I feel for you that the plugin is a separate piece of s/w. If I notice this issue on forum in future, I'll know which is the best way to assist (or not, as the case may be :))

Cheers,
    SF

14. Aug 17, 2018 #474

Lin19687

Lin19687

Lin19687

This may just be me as I updated the **** Firefox. i did also update my drivers too.

Since then, and maybe even the day before, I have had issue on here. Pages not loading, or then getting just a blank page that will not reload. Eventually it will load but only after I have clicked off the page or went to another website then back.

I think when this did this the day before is the Reason I did the update. I may be wrong, having some neck nerve issues this past 2 weeks.

BTW, it screwed up earlier today, then was fine around 3pm EST. Then fine and just about 20 min ago had issues. Now it seems to be fine . :smallshrug:

15. Aug 17, 2018 #475

earlene

earlene

earlene

No, I don't think it's you. I have had troubles here today too. At first I thought it was slow hotel internet. The pages were taking forever to load and some never did at all. I gave up using the internet and went to do something else for awhile and for now it seems okay. But I do think that Windows 10 did an automatic update sometime during the night because my computer had restarted. So it could be a windows 10 issue. Some other non-SMF pages were also slow to load, so I don't think it's actually SMF.

16. Aug 17, 2018 #476

BattleGnome

BattleGnome

BattleGnome

I can confirm that Windoes updated yesterday but I don’t use my computer enough to know what was changed.

17. Aug 17, 2018 #477

Lin19687

Lin19687

Lin19687

I don't have the updates done, or they are not suppose to be done.

I am glad it isn't just me. My Bank page was being stupid too. Sometimes FF is a .. and I got a slight withdrawal when I couldn't get on there for 5 minutes
    :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2018
  18. Aug 17, 2018 #478

amd

amd

amd

Supporting Member

I had problems yesterday with chrome. Twice it errored out on me with a "page not found" message.

19. Aug 17, 2018 #479

earlene

earlene

earlene

I used to call those 'bad computer days' (like 'bad hair' days) when the computer just wouldn't cooperate and everything seemed just a little (or a lot) wonky. They don't seem to happen as much as a couple of decades ago, but I think this is the second time I've experienced something along those lines in the course of a month or two. I hope the phenomena is not coming back to plague.

MKLonestar and Zany_in_CO like this.
  20. Aug 17, 2018 #480

Angie

Angie

Angie

Staff Member Admin

Yesterday another forum was added to the server and since it was large in data the server load had to be rebalanced. It took a few times and some other tweaks to get it stable again and all should be okay now. The developer is standing by today should anything go wrong and would be able to retweak the setting and hardware/software. Sorry for the issues.
    I was monitoring the server actions most of the day and didn't see your comments earlier. Things seem to be humming along smoothly since about 6:30 pm Central Daylight time yesterday.

amd likes this.