Quantcast

Forum category suggestions

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Mandy

Reaction score
Just wanted to hear everyone's input on the forum categories. What would you like to see added? What would you like to see changed? I want to hear your opinions!!

Panda

Reaction score
Here's a few ideas that come to mind:

(I know some of them may not really apply to this board and some may be too specific, but I'mjust brainstorming here)

Scrapbooking
Cooking/kitchen
Home decor
Skin care
Holiday crafts
Herbal and organic
Photo gallery (post pictures of crafts and things)
Running a business
Classified listings
Craft swap

Jewels

Reaction score
Jewelry making and beading would be fun. Other things that come to mind: baking, traditional arts like painting, wood crafts, etc

lookatme

Reaction score
Maybe a holiday or seasonal category - once there are more posts it would be nice to be able to reference certain holiday themed crafts without having to sift through everything else.

Reaction score
Just a general bath and body section would be nice. I have a lot of recipes for lotions and things, but i"m not really sure where to post them since they don't really fint in any existing category.

Mandy

Reaction score
Bath and body section is added as well as holidays by season. These categories are pretty empty right now, so help build them up! Thanks for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

Vic

Reaction score
Maybe a section where you can post things for sale or trade

vasilev

Reaction score
In addition to the hoiday categries you could have a wedding and baby section as well.

stephie

Reaction score
This isn't really a category suggestion, but a suggestion for the board itself. I think it would be fun to have like a monthly contest or craft challenge to get everyone involved. Each month could have a theme. People could post pictures of their project and a winner could be selected. The prize could be like a soap or craft supply gift certificate or something.

stephie

Reaction score
I do have a category suggestion as well though: maybe a separate forum for recipes. I was looking through the soap forum to see what recipes i could find and I thought it might be better (especially as the forum grows) to keep them somewhere specific.

*zoe

Reaction score
Maybe a section where everyone can show off their projects - post pictures and get feedback or something

pepperi27

Reaction score
I would love to see a photo gallery! I'd like to see others projects and stuff

apple

Reaction score
Yeah - that would be fun to see everyones projects.