Formulating Soap Recipes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satinfox

Reaction score
Hello Fellow S:)oapers,

I wondered if anyone has taken
The Formulating Soap Recipes course which is part of Kenna’s unique Suds & Success Workshop Series? If so, did you find it helpful?

We are looking for a course that explains methods to create a soap that is not drying or does not get soda ash.

Thanks!

I, personally, have not taken that course. I will say that a drying soap or non-drying is going to be unique to the individual using the soap. For instance, my mother loves 100% CO with a 20% SF. I, on the other hand, find it incredibly drying. You really just have to do some research on oil properties and fatty acid profiles.
I have found that reducing my water helps with soda ash, but again, what works for me, in my environment, may not work for you. There's a lot of trial and error involved in soap making.

I, personally, have not taken that course. I will say that a drying soap or non-drying is going to be unique to the individual using the soap. For instance, my mother loves 100% CO with a 20% SF. I, on the other hand, find it incredibly drying. You really just have to do some research on oil properties and fatty acid profiles.
I have found that reducing my water helps with soda ash, but again, what works for me, in my environment, may not work for you. There's a lot of trial and error involved in soap making.

Latest posts

Back