Formula Botanica

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this so mods please move if necessary

There's a post from last year with no responses but I figure maybe someone new here has any insights.

So yeah, Formula Botanica.

Anyone here with a diploma from them? I signed up for a free class, can't hurt, but I wanted opinions on their online diploma full course. It's a lil too steep for me right now so unless I know people who say it's worth it, I won't even save up for it. My kids need to go to college first haha

Howdy, Dawni,

I have no direct experience with Formula Botanica. However, Marie Rayma, the woman behind a site I consider to be a pretty solid DIY B&B resource, graduated with a diploma from there:

https://www.humblebeeandme.com/about/
Not sure how any of this really answers your question (you know, how a woman from a soaping forum knows of another woman from the internet who took the course - ha!). But Marie has spoken on her website about things she's learned from the course and her formulations seemed to have evolved to be more "professional," for lack of better wording, since she started the coursework a few years ago.

I haven't done the Formula Botanica course but if you are looking for something free you could start out with this free course Learn Cosmetic Formulation – Learning cosmetic formulation through good science. . It is created by Susan Barclay-Nichols (www.swiftcraftymonkey.blog), Perry Rowmanowski (www.chemistscorner.com) and Jane Barber (www.makingskincare.com).

If you don't already have one I would recommend a subscription to the swiftcraftymonkey blog (even the$1/month subscription is great value).

Thank you both for your responses.

@HowieRoll, Marie Rayma is actually how I stumbled upon them.. Then I started noticing some others who use it in their Instagram tagline "Formula Botanica graduate" or something like that. It costs half of my son's annual school fees, so I'm not jumping on it lol but it's something to think about for the future

@justjacqui I'll check that out. I do have the 1$ subscription for swiftcraftymonkey :)

@Dawni I second the swiftcraftymonkey suggestion. I do the subscription and I’m waiting for some of my materials to arrive so I can dive in. There is SO much good information that you get access to. It’s grounded in science explaining the process with detailed data.

I had to follow up that lately—even with the resources that I have available—I feel like I’m wanting to do something with an actual curriculum. I’ve been recently looking for online schools/classes and Formula Botanica keeps coming up. I’m looking into it but yeah—expensive 😬. I may do this in the future too.

Latest posts

Back