Forgot my FO!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulie

Reaction score
Oh Jeez, I forgot to add my Dragon’s Blood FO to my granddaughters soap. Ugh. I’ll just have to make another batch for her. It will now be the regular color with a pink swirl LOL. Oh well, it will still be a nice soap. I’ll just include it in my Christmas presents as a non scented soap. It has Kaolin Clay and Sodium Gluconate (we have super hard water).
IMG_20221206_122127486_HDR.jpg

So pretty! Based on a tip from someone else here on SMF (thank you, whoever you are!), I've started putting my FO cup inside my mold when possible. Makes it impossible to pour without remembering the FO. ;)
Ohhh, great idea! I’m going to start doing that. Thank you! If I forget anything, it’s mostly always the FO.

How about a quick confetti or ciaglia re-make? Make a super small batch, scent it and add this batch to it.
I just may have to do this…the soap came out crumbly, trying to figure out what happened.

It's a beautiful soap and I love that mold! Too bad it was crumbly. Did you figure out what happened? And did you attempt a rebatch with it? I'd love to know how this turned out.

Dragon's Blood for my Granddaughter Maleia. 2nd one is Lavender and Cedar. I just used the same pot I made for my Granddaughter. I’ts ok, just for me. I was going to make it with purple swirls, didn’t though as it is ZNSC and it got thick fast.
IMG_20221228_115233289_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221228_115242957_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking tops -- not my strength.
Um, I never forget an ingredient....
LOL, thought I’d just use the same thread instead of making another. The soap was getting really thick so I needed to do something, just used a spoon to move it around a bit and get it in the corners. So glad you never forget an ingredient…LOL

So pretty! Based on a tip from someone else here on SMF (thank you, whoever you are!), I've started putting my FO cup inside my mold when possible. Makes it impossible to pour without remembering the FO. ;)
I think this the best thing lol because what a jab in the heart when you forget your FO or EO especially for a large batch

Latest posts

Back