For UK Lotion makers. Lip and Heel Balms

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadgroovy

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help. I've been making soap for 18 months and selling for the last 3 months and doing ok. (all safety tested and registered with the EU portal) Made some lip balm for family and then made some heel balm for my wife, and very nice it is too! Found the recipes were basically the same. Do you think I could get it tested as Lip and Skin Balm, but then sell separately as Heel Balm and Lip balm? Thinking of the cost to do them separately.

Last edited:
Not 100% sure as lip stuff has to be edible but would think if it passes lip it would be ok for skin. Your safety assessor us best placed to ask, they are usually really helpful. You might need to register both labels on the portal.

To be honest the more I think about it, thats what I would do but be careful in how you fragrance it.

Not 100% sure as lip stuff has to be edible but would think if it passes lip it would be ok for skin. Your safety assessor us best placed to ask, they are usually really helpful. You might need to register both labels on the portal.

To be honest the more I think about it, thats what I would do but be careful in how you fragrance it.
Thanks LilyJo. Yes, I would stick to the % guidelines for any EO's I use :)

Latest posts

Back