Quantcast

For Those That Stamp/Emboss Soap...

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you found the perfect black?

My friend and her hubby are renewing their wedding vows and want soaps as guest gifts. Their colors are black and royal blue. I've got the blue, no problem but I can't get the black embossed. I've tried BB's black oxide, Nurture's Black Pearl and Dark Steel Gray, also activated charcoal. The black oxide and AC clump too much on the stamp so create a blob here and there. The 2 Nurture colors look great but are a light, shimmery gray on the soap. I need a distinct black to stamp over blue soap. Any other ideas? TIA!

hmlove1218

Reaction score
I haven't tried embossing it, but have you tried WSP's black sparkle mica? It appears to be really back even when smeared on white paper. Just for some comparison, I did Nurture's Mocha mica

1433094488560.jpg

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks hmlove! I haven't tried any colorants from WSP so I'll have to check it out. I prefer sparkle type micas when stamping for the extra shimmer so this might be just the thing. I appreciate the tip!

seven

Reaction score
I havent tried black, but i also vote for spakly black mica. The finer the particles the better result.