For those that line with Reynolds freezer paper..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the cutter I have https://www.uline.com/BL_502/Paper-Cutters
It saves me because I can will call. By the time I add shipping from Webstaurant Store it would cost me more, and I do not want thinner paper. Sometimes I pour at emulsion and it can seep through even 40lb at times. Forty lb should be a tad thicker than 35 lb but it really is minimal.

I never had any luck with parchment paper, but maybe because I often pour thin batter.

That's a much better price than the one I saw when I clicked the link from Uline. Shipping cost is surely a big ticket item, so I certainly understand why you'd stick with Uline's products. And they are actually close enough that you can go pick them up.

I wonder if the leakage is really relative to the thickness of the low density polyethylene coating rather than the weight of the paper. I get leakage, too with the Reynolds freezer paper when I pour with a very thin batter. I have double lined to account for that, but then I get bulky folded freezer paper lines on the ends where I fold the paper.

So this whole thread got me searching for other alternatives to Reynolds Freezer paper in case I have to switch, and it made me wonder if Reynolds is aware of their quality control issues with this product. But I couldn't find any evidence of that with a short Google search, however it occurs to me that they should become aware of why folks might stop buying their products, especially if it's about product quality.

I hope those of you who have discovered these problems are reporting these issues to ReynoldsKitchens. Here is a link to contact and report problems with their products: https://www.reynoldskitchens.com/contact/

I never had any luck with parchment paper, but maybe because I often pour thin batter.

Good point. The one time I used the non-stick parchment paper with a very thin batter, I ended up with wrinkled damp paper. But, it didn’t stick! It has always worked well for me when I was clearly at light trace or more, but it’s not like I have made all that much soap. Folding the paper is too fiddly for me, which is why I bought a small mold with a silicone liner that I use for most of the soaps I’m making right now.

Latest posts

Back