For our New Zealand friends

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for sorry this happened in your land. Coming from a country currently experiencing this, I can only imagine the agony and helplessness you must feel. May you find healing and peace that surpasses all understanding. Please be safe.

Thank you all. It's just horrible to think that this sort of thing would happen here. We like to think of ourselves as being far removed from such acts. I sent a message to KiwiSoap who lives in the same city as the shootings. He is fine and safely tucked away indoors. Unfortunately many of you will remember the 2011 earthquakes in the same location which just devastated the region. Just horrible they are now enduring further crisis.

54435895_1545604635571600_6256391332944674816_n.jpg

40 confirmed dead, and another 48 injured.:(

Last edited:
Thank you @KiwiMoose for checking in on me earlier and your kind words, and the kind sentiments of everyone else here. I'm a little lost for words. It was a horrific afternoon and terrifying not knowing the extent of the attacks. Tomorrow will be quite a different day to how this day began, we will remember those innocent people who lost their lives, but also our families, our friends, and the good people around us, and draw them closer. And make soap. Thank you all.

40/48? Qué terrible! So sorry for the Kiwis. Shocked to see that this scourge has spread to peaceful NZ that I thought was tucked safely away down under.

So sad what happened, glad our soap friends are fine!

I am so sorry for sorry this happened in your land. Coming from a country currently experiencing this, I can only imagine the agony and helplessness you must feel. May you find healing and peace that surpasses all understanding. Please be safe.

Yes Sponificarian. Is so sad. I do know that at least 120 Christian people have been killed by alleged Fulani militant attacks since February in the Kaduna state of Nigeria, with the latest attacks on Monday resulting in the deaths of over 50 and the destruction of more than 140 homes. This is a travesty. Media is silent on this, but my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Nigeria.

Latest posts

Back