1. We are helping test out a new project for soapmakers. Soapmaking Friend. If you are interested in providing feedback and help guide this project to include all you want to see in a recipe builder and calculator please PM an Admin or post in the Announcements forum. Your feedback is really needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

For Our Candle Making Friends

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by JoeyG, Jan 12, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Jan 12, 2018 #1

JoeyG

JoeyG

JoeyG

Mold Meister

Heya all,

Something for our candle making friends.

Making 3" diameter beeswax pillar candles with our latest Mighty Mold. The mold is 100% silicone, and the candles are 100% beeswax. Each pillar candle stands 5" high, 3" in diameter, and features a fully contoured 3D shape in the likeness of a tower, including inset windows!

https://youtu.be/rnplxi_oU-Q

Kittish likes this.
  2. Jan 12, 2018 #2

Kittish

Kittish

Kittish

Enthusiastic Newbie

That's pretty neat! How do the window insets affect burning when it gets down that far? Do they cause the melt pool to drain down the side when it reaches them?

JoeyG likes this.
  3. Jan 12, 2018 #3

earlene

earlene

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper Lifetime Supporter

Nice, Joey. One of these days I plan to post some photos of the soap I made using the mini mold your son gave me at SoapCon2017. So far I haven't taken the photos, so that's why. Plus I want to take one with the mold and show a bit more info about it in the soaping process.

JoeyG likes this.
  4. Jan 12, 2018 #4

lsg

lsg

lsg

Staff Member Admin

I watched the video, it is pretty cool. I don't see any prices on your website, though. Do you have standard molds?:confused:

JoeyG likes this.
  5. Jan 13, 2018 #5

JoeyG

JoeyG

JoeyG

Mold Meister

The idea was to set the window depth so once the candle burned down that far it would melt open the window and you could see the flame through the now open window.

Unfortunately we were working on another mold when it did burn through, so we didn't actually get to see it happen live. It would appear that we're going to need to shorten the depth a tad though. Burned down a little faster than we expected. We're going to do another test soon though. Maybe we'll video it.

That's very kind of you Earlene... we are always grateful for any feedback/review we receive. And pics of what was made with the mold are always a huge bonus. Thanks!

We are in the process of building a new site with a shopping cart. Unless something goes drastically wrong, we're hoping to launch at the end of February. By standard, I'm assuming you mean molds that are a little more traditional? If so, yes, aside from the custom molds we will be selling more mainstream ones such as square/oval bars, etc., and we're actually working on a prototype for a new Loaf Mold system. Thanks for checking it out.

Kittish likes this.