food Color in soap making?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonday

Reaction score
Hi
there is some sort of colors in our country shops that have names similar: E124 or E104 or E110 or E102 etc.This colors are used for cooking and coloring cakes! Can I use of them in CP soap making? I test Turmeric and wasn't useful!!!

It is safe to use food coloring in soap, however they will usually morph (change to a different color) when used in cold process or hot process soap. Also be aware that adding too much will color the lather of the soap and may stain washcloths.

I use turmeric in my soap for color successfully. First I mix it with oil and heat it up, then put it all in a mason jar with a lid. Leave it for two weeks or more shaking the jar daily. I can then use a small amount of the oil in my soap for color.

Last edited:
food coloring also doesn't lasts as long and is prone to fading. i made a few soap cupcakes and place them in a plate in the living room where there is natural light during the day. the ones that have food coloring faded faster.

Latest posts

Back