Foaming bath whip without slsa?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

The Efficacious Gentleman

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Give it time - you had called this thread "Hello there" and so I think most people would have thought that it was just an introduction post. I renamed it, so hopefully when more people come online later they will notice it by a more meaningful title and be able to offer you some advice.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I make a foaming bath butter base using sodium coco sulfate noodles and Plantapon LGC Sorb.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
No need to be sorry, Regan!

DO you guys find these products foam up like one of the crumbling bath bars? I have never made them but was going to give it a go when I checked out the SLSA prices and decided it made things too dear fro my hobbying heart.

How do they compare, would you say?

regansoap

Reaction score
Unfortunately sulfate noodles and plantapon lgc sorb. Is not possible to buy in uk. And slsa is so expensive here its prohibitive. I was hoping there was a sort of cold process/hot process whipped soap that could be used instead any replies would be most appreciated. Tia

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
You can use SCI noodles in combination with Coca Betaine or DSL mild.

regansoap

Reaction score
Lg thank you so much for your reply I will have to look at what those things are and see if I can get them cheaply here. I have got polysorb80 would that be any good??

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Lg thank you so much for your reply I will have to look at what those things are and see if I can get them cheaply here. I have got polysorb80 would that be any good??
No, that is not the purpose of polysorbates. As Deanna suggested, click the Swiftcratymonkey link and check out the info about the use of polysorbates.

Latest posts