Foam soap seperates

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user59095

Reaction score
Hi all. New to soap making. I’ve recently tried making my own liquid foam soap, with castile soap and oils.
But it has to be shaken every time we use it, seems like castile soap doesn’t keep combined.

So here’s my question: is there a way of combining it all, without it getting seperated?

It sounds like you tried to mix extra oil into an existing liquid Castile soap - or perhaps grated solid Castile soap mixed with water?

Either way, that generally doesn't work, and will almost always separate, just as you have described. You could try adding some polysorbate 80 to emulsify it, but that is probably throwing good ingredients after bad.

In the future, when asking for recipe help, please list your entire recipe (all ingredients and additives), and your entire process. Otherwise, since we don't know exactly what you did, or how you did it, we don't know how to help you. :)

It sounds like you tried to mix extra oil into an existing liquid Castile soap - or perhaps grated solid Castile soap mixed with water?

Either way, that generally doesn't work, and will almost always separate, just as you have described. You could try adding some polysorbate 80 to emulsify it, but that is probably throwing good ingredients after bad.

In the future, when asking for recipe help, please list your entire recipe (all ingredients and additives), and your entire process. Otherwise, since we don't know exactly what you did, or how you did it, we don't know how to help you. :)

Thanks for your reply. I’m totally new to this, so it might very well be wrong ingredients used 🙈 i used liquid castile soap, fragrant oil, and coco oil pluss water ofc.
It’s very good when combined, but unfortunately it doesn’t stay that way.

If anyone has a recipe that works on foam handsoap, it would be great 😊

Thanks 😊

Did you make the liquid castile or did you buy it? If you made it, we need the recipe. If it was bought, a link to the product could help.

How much soap, water, oil and fragrance did mix together?

Can you post a picture of the separated soap? Might be useful to see.

Did you make the liquid castile or did you buy it? If you made it, we need the recipe. If it was bought, a link to the product could help.

How much soap, water, oil and fragrance did mix together?

Can you post a picture of the separated soap? Might be useful to see.
Sounds like she bought the soap and added the oils and threw the formula off. It would have been fine with just distilled water to thin it out. I hope it was a test. But she has a couple options and I don't like any of them. 😏

Latest posts

Back