Foam handwash

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vonPalm

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been "making" foam handwash refill for some years now, since it is easier to rinse off the hands of the kids, and it also saves some money. I am just mixing regular liquid soap bought from the store, with water, and add color and scent. I guess this does not qualify as "soap making" compared to what you guys are doing, ha ha..!

Anyway, it works well, but the foam feels a little different than the original foam handwash. It's lighter, easier to rinse off, less stable, less creamy /rich. It feels different to the skin than the original.

Do you know of any ingredient I can add to make the foam feel richer, more creamy and more stable?

Thanks, Magnus

Attachments

• IMG_20220218_115849_933.jpg
    IMG_20220218_115849_933.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 5
I am just mixing regular liquid soap bought from the store, with water, and add color and scent.
I do exactly that with my soap foamer for greasy dishes! :thumbs: I add 1 oz. of Dawn to 7 oz. water. Just to be clear, I make my regular hand foamer from scratch.
Do you know of any ingredient I can add to make the foam feel richer, more creamy and more stable?
I think the Polysorbate 80 that I use to make EOs/FOs water soluble has that effect. Lately, I been adding a bit more P-80 for just that reason.

Back