FO that reminds of the Beach

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChriD

Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

Before I go buying a gazillion samples, I am wondering if anyone has a particular favorite FO for CP that reminds you of beach breezes, water, seagulls and summertime; Please steer me in a direction.

Thank you!

Salty Air from soapsupplies.net It reminds me of sitting on my boat in the harbor when we had our boat. I will add it does accelerate, but not soap on a stick. Work quickly though

Last edited:
Sea Kelp by rustic escentuals LOL if you want a REAL beach ! it's not as stinky as low tide, it's a green oceany scent....

I have 2 favorites:

1) Salty Sailor from Daystar- I refer to it as 'Cape Cod in a bottle'. ;) It smells of clean, salty sea air to me (you can really smell the salt!). I get a lot of requests for it from my peeps. It does accelerate, but it's actually pretty manageable if you use only .5 oz ppo and soap with a 31% lye solution. The scent is a sticker, too, so using only .5 oz ppo doesn't faze it. It still sticks forever.

2) Sun & Sand from WSP- this one smells of salty sea air and the old Coppertone sun tan lotion that I remember from the 1960's when I was a little kid (the version that does not smell like coconut). If I close my eyes when smelling it, it takes me right back to summer days spent at the beach- I can smell both the sand and salty sea air and the Coppertone my mom used to slather on us.

IrishLass :)

I have 2 favorites:

1) Salty Sailor from Daystar- I refer to it as 'Cape Cod in a bottle'. ;) It smells of clean, salty sea air to me (you can really smell the salt!). I get a lot of requests for it from my peeps. It does accelerate, but it's actually pretty manageable if you use only .5 oz ppo and soap with a 31% lye solution. The scent is a sticker, too, so using only .5 oz ppo doesn't faze it. It still sticks forever.

2) Sun & Sand from WSP- this one smells of salty sea air and the old Coppertone sun tan lotion that I remember from the 1960's when I was a little kid (the version that does not smell like coconut). If I close my eyes when smelling it, it takes me right back to summer days spent at the beach- I can smell both the sand and salty sea air and the Coppertone my mom used to slather on us.

How does Salty Sailor differ from BB Salty Mariner?

Second IrishLass' suggestion for Sun & Sand. I also like WSP Sea Salt & Driftwood, although the last time I used it, it deccelerated trace.

You might want to check the reviews to see if they accelerate.
Yes; It looks like:

China Rain, 8th and Ocean (Nature's Garden) has no acceleration or coloration
Coconut Craziness (Nature's Garden)- Salty Sea Air (Soapsupplies.net) both have slight acceleration
Sea Kelp (Rustic Escentuals) has no discoloration, scent holds up well in CP, doesn't say anything about acceleration
Salty Sailor (Daystar) - Sounds wonderful, no information on acceleration or coloration
Sun and Sand (WSP) - Behaves well in CP; Sea Salt & Driftwood has great reviews for behavior.

As I read about each FO they all sound so wonderful, I should be able to find 'The One'. You saved me a lot of time and money floundering around and hitting brick walls. Thank you all for your suggestions and generosity.

I have 2 favorites:

Salty Sailor would be personal favorite because I have a friend on Cape Cod I visit every summer.

Yes; It looks like:

China Rain, 8th and Ocean (Nature's Garden) has no acceleration or coloration
Coconut Craziness (Nature's Garden)- Salty Sea Air (Soapsupplies.net) both have slight acceleration
Sea Kelp (Rustic Escentuals) has no discoloration, scent holds up well in CP, doesn't say anything about acceleration
Salty Sailor (Daystar) - Sounds wonderful, no information on acceleration or coloration
Sun and Sand (WSP) - Behaves well in CP; Sea Salt & Driftwood has great reviews for behavior.

As I read about each FO they all sound so wonderful, I should be able to find 'The One'. You saved me a lot of time and money floundering around and hitting brick walls. Thank you all for your suggestions and generosity.

You need to check on our forum FO notes:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MFTWfchk-c7sNswuh-yaTdRf1M/edit#gid=618479032

Salty sailor definitely accelerates.
Not all are listed but it is definitely worth checking.

Read all the reviews on the manufacturer's website (not just the few that say-does not accelerate) then you can make a decision to avoid them or work around them.

Last edited:
Back