FO Test - Nag Champa

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmic

Reaction score
I found a Nag Champa that smells amazing out of the bottle from a local supplier that I can go and pick up from instead of having to pay shipping, but sadly they don't give a lot of information about them like Nurture or BB does. So I'm doing a test batch to see how it performs. So far no discoloration but it might have some acceleration. I went to try and smooth the top after filling a second mold like this one and the first ones were already getting firm so I just left it as is.

Nag test1.jpg

Fragrance being tested: http://www.candlesandsupplies.net/8-oz-Nag-Champa-Scent

Sorry, never heard of them. There's also Candlewic in Doylestown (I'm in Pa too). I looked at a couple of scent review forums and the only one that mentions them is the old Soap Scent Review Board. Didn't find a subtitle for Nag Champa but soapers seemed to like their fo's. Lucky you for being so close... it would be a five hour drive for me.

I've heard of the but haven't purchased from them as they carry a lot of Crafter's Choice products and they are just as pricey as WSP. I've heard good thing about them on a candle site though.

Sorry, never heard of them. There's also Candlewic in Doylestown (I'm in Pa too). I looked at a couple of scent review forums and the only one that mentions them is the old Soap Scent Review Board. Didn't find a subtitle for Nag Champa but soapers seemed to like their fo's. Lucky you for being so close... it would be a five hour drive for me.

:eek: Doylestown is actually closer to me... *googles it* omg that's only 10 minutes from my house. Welp, I think I know what I'm doing today :D

I've heard of the but haven't purchased from them as they carry a lot of Crafter's Choice products and they are just as pricey as WSP. I've heard good thing about them on a candle site though.

It's nice to be able to smell the oils before buying them. They have a wall of tester bottles the woman was laughing at me standing there for seriously like 45 minutes just sniffing lol. But the show room is very sparse. They don't have a lot of stuff put out and you sometimes have to wait for them to call down to the warehouse to bring something up for you. But if I ever get to the point of needing to buy large heavy purchases like bulk oils or bath bomb materials it would be very convenient to be able to just run up and load up the car instead of paying out the backside for shipping.

My little Nag bars are surprisingly already hard and popped right out of the sample/guest molds. But the dredges leftover from my squeeze bottles that I did at the same time are far from being ready to come out so I'm finding that interesting. So far looks like in addition to the acceleration there is a bit of yellowing as well as can been seen compared to a chunk of a previous bit of uncolored soap.

Nag test 2.jpg

So far not bad, but I'm definitely glad I tested this out before trying it in something. Good news is that my sense of smell is slightly back and I can almost smell something if I mash my face against it lol. We'll see if the color gets any darker as it cures or what happens when I can finally smell again lol

WSP has the best Nag Champa I have ever tried and never use any other. I have also never had a Nag not discolor. If it is already yellowing I would be quite positive it is going to turn quite dark. WSP Nag never lessens in scent from out of the bottle to a year later in my opinion

WSP has the best Nag Champa I have ever tried and never use any other. I have also never had a Nag not discolor. If it is already yellowing I would be quite positive it is going to turn quite dark. WSP Nag never lessens in scent from out of the bottle to a year later in my opinion

I agree. They have the absolute best.

Latest posts

Back