FO recommendation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevolutionSoap

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to order that from WS I’ve been wanting to try some of their FO's anyway. So far I've only purchased from BB, NG and from a local (hour away) place called Pine Meadows in Provo, Ut. The later had a sent called Sea Salt and Lime that I quite like. But I've yet to soap with it. I'm excited to now see what Wholesale Supplies has that I might want to pick up.

Mobjack Bay, I think I would actually like that one too. I'm a Cali boy that loves those kind of smells. Reminds me of home. :)

The usage rate for CP on that is very high. Do you have to use that high a %? I usually just do 1 oz PPO. But I’m still new at this.

https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/sea-salt-driftwood-fragrance-oil.aspx
IFRA Maximum Skin Exposure Levels:
1x1.gif

Body Lotion: 48.20%
1x1.gif
Body Wash: 26.70%
1x1.gif
Soap: 26.70%
1x1.gif
Face Cream: 23.30%
1x1.gif
Body Powder: 10.70%
1x1.gif
Baby: 23.30%
1x1.gif
Perfume: 48.20%
1x1.gif
Deodorant: 0.90%
1x1.gif
Lip: 0.00%
1x1.gif
Pet: 13.30%

Hello! Would you be able to provide the recipe and amounts for everything you used?
Yes, as soon as I get home I will post that recipe

Okey dokey, here are the ingredients I used. I substituted a few things from the recipe to use what I had on hand.

20oz. coconut oil
4.6 oz. olive oil
4 oz. cacao butter
1 oz. pumpkin seed oil
.4 oz. jojoba oil

4.71 oz. lye
9.5 oz. water

.5 oz total of: lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils (using equal amounts of each to equal .5 oz.)

Last edited:
@RevolutionSoap your usage rate of 1 oz PPO is fine. You don't have to use the maximum safe amount, sometimes the IFRA max is 100% actually, it just means it is safe in the skin up to that amount. You do want to look at those numbers in the even the maximum amount is higher than what you were planning to use (some FO's have a 1% max usage rate in soap, for example.)

Back