FO Bug be gone from BA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittensmom

Reaction score
I ordered Bug Be Gone Fragrance Oil from Bulk Apothecary to make a small family batch of summer soap/lotions. What EO would you suggest adding??? Ages Baby is 18 months to grandpa who is 59.

From BA. This refreshing herbal blend contains the finest of essential oils including citronella, lemongrass, orange, eucalyptus and litsea cubeba, effectively discourages those unwanted flies and mosquitoes when added to your soaps, sprays, lotions or candles. - See more at: http://www.bulkapothecary.com/bug-be-gone-fragrance-oil/#sthash.GQSNTJYd.dpuf

I'm confused about why you'd also want to add an EO. Won't this FO have its own fragrance? And supposedly it is its own bug repellent as-is, so why not stick with what you've got and see how it works on its own???

I think you're going to hear a lot of advice to not use this on a small child.

WSP has a bug be gone body oil. It's gor lemon eucalyptus essential oil and soybean oil. They recommend not to use on kids under 3. If you mean that you are looking for a carrier oil, something light like soybean oil (short shelf life) or fco might be good choices.

Yup, no using that stuff on children. Eucalyptus I know is forbidden for 6 and under (and I think it ought to be even higher than that). Peppermint on very young children can cause febrile seizures.

Robert Tisserand is the expert who's material I would consult for essential oil safety.

I'm confused. Is it a fo or eo? The name says fragrance but the description says essential oil. Or is it an eo/fo blend?

Back