FO bottles

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

BlackDog

Reaction score
After soaping for many moons now, I'm amassing quite a collection of empty FO bottles, most of which are brown glass. They don't have a recycling number on the bottom so I'm assuming I can't send them out with the regular recycling, but I hat to just throw them out to rot in a landfill somewhere. Is there a place that will recycle them? What do you do with your brown glass?

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If I don't reuse the bottles, I add them to recyling. We are allowed to put glass bottles in recycling. No recycle logo required.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I repurpose all my amber/brown glass FO bottles for transferring my FOs into that are shipped to me in plastic bottles. None of them go to waste. They are like gold to me. I've also repurposed them to use as perfume-spray bottles and/or pump bottles for my liquid soap, and/or bottles for blending FOs or EOs.

IrishLass :)

Gerry

Reaction score
I'm jealous. I had to buy a case of 500 ml amber bottles when I first started to get EO/FOs in larger amounts. Now I also use them in other hobbies that involve any liquids.

SoaperForLife

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wash them out with salt and baking soda and then cycle them through the dish washer. Then I box them up and store them in my FO cupboard until I need to use them.

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I too reuse them for FO's that come in plastic bottles. I really need to order some so I can get the rest of my plastic bottles gone. Much prefer the glass.

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a lot since I only recently started using FOs, but I do like the other folks, I clean them out and re-use them for blending. I have lots of EO bottles, but they have all been re-purposed for this and that, most recently for having pre-measured infused oils for colorants. I have a few friends who have allergies to lots of things, so using only natural colorants and EOs gives me options they feel safe using.

debratant

Reaction score
I've also repurposed them to use as perfume-spray bottles and/or pump bottles for my liquid soap, and/or bottles for blending FOs or EOs.

IrishLass :)
That is an excellent idea! I never thought to use my extras to put liquid soap in or even lotion. I have a ton of pump and spray lids that would actually fit those.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After soaping for many moons now, I'm amassing quite a collection of empty FO bottles, most of which are brown glass. They don't have a recycling number on the bottom so I'm assuming I can't send them out with the regular recycling, but I hat to just throw them out to rot in a landfill somewhere. Is there a place that will recycle them? What do you do with your brown glass?
Are these plastic or bottles. If you want to box them up and ship them to me I will pay for shipping. Will be need a few more bottles for my DB but really only need 8-16 ounce bottles. I love up cycling

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Recyclers are finicky about glass, and those wouldn't be accepted anyplace I've been the last 10 years. You toss them in the bin, they toss them out.

I'd take up Carolyn's offer - and the bonus contribution to the db share!

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carolyn, I can send you a 16 oz brown bottle for DB if you like. I happen to have one empty.

Latest posts