FO and aloe vera

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bambi

Reaction score
Does aloe vera make FO disappeared or faded? I have a couple batches of cp soap using fresh aloe vera that I puréed myself as a water replacement and FO on both batches dont really come out. I love aloe vera in soap though. Out of curiosity I remade one of them with the same recipe and additives using plain distilled water and FO came out just fine.

The FO was Red Hibiscus and Goji Berry from WSP at 3% of oils, the scent was almost disappeared since the beginning on the mold, and after cured it was so faded only left a lingering sweet tart scent. And in the one I remade I used Black Raspberry Vanilla from WSP at 4% of oils. Both batches of raspberry vanilla are still curing but I can tell the difference that the one with aloe is almost like unscented soap

I have no problems with fresh aloe and fo's. With lots of Aloe growing I use it often in soaps. Maybe up your fo to closer to 6%. I would never waste fo using just 3%. Any like the heavy spice fo's that cannot be used in higher percentages I stay away from.

I soap with aloe often since I have a ridiculously huge aloe plant. I also use closer to 5 or 6%. My soaps still smell nice and strong after a good long cure.

Latest posts

Back