Flower EO for soapmaking

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welsh black

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest an EO that has a flower smell(except lavender!!) that is a reasonable cost and holds well in CP. Perhaps there is a blend that might smell flowerlike ? Or will I have to use A FO? All my soaps are mints, lavender, lemongrass and I fancy a flower smell!!

I just bought some floral wax, rose and jasmine and am going to give it a go this week. There's a thread I started a long time ago about them but have only just got round to ordering them. I will let you know how the smell turns out. Worth considering as it's a lot cheaper than absolutes.

I have tried both rose and jasmine fragrance oils and they both seize like crazy, you can't make pretty swirls or anything. You have to mix your soap batter to trace, add any colorant etc, then quickly whip the FO in and mix for about two seconds before you get soap on a stick, at which point you then ram everything into the mold and hope for the best. This also happened to me with a mix of chocolate, almond and vanilla FO, not sure which one was the culprit. The finished soap smelled lovely though. I hate fragrance oils for this reason and try to avoid them at all costs.

Yes , I too have had issues with FO and ruined batches, even when I make a very small batch to test it's still a pain. I have a container full of fragrence oils from various suppliers that I won't use either because it has seized on me or it smells terrible!! I much rather the "real" smell of EO, but I would like some floral type to ring the changes. I was hoping someone would suggest a blend that would smell "flowery" n

Yes, A lot of florals will move fast. I use Fresh Cut Roses from Nature's Garden and blend it with Honeysuckle and usually have time to get a swirl in. I also RT soap and add the FO to my oils before lye.

Try rose geranium, or just geranium. You can mix it up with some palmarosa or rosewood or both to get a floral ish scent. I like rose geranium with palmarosa and petitgrain, that's one of my favourite mixes.

I just bought some floral wax, rose and jasmine and am going to give it a go this week. There's a thread I started a long time ago about them but have only just got round to ordering them. I will let you know how the smell turns out. Worth considering as it's a lot cheaper than absolutes.
What site did you order you waxes from, if you don't mind my asking? They sound interesting so I'd like to check out the site.

I'm in the uk, I got them from herbalveda. Not sure where you are, but I'm sure there will be other sites in other countries that also sell them.

I've used hyssop EO which doesn't accelerate or discolor. It's not that strong but it does stick in CP.

rose geranium is a good suggestion actually, i love that smell :)
fresh cut roses that i got from SOS also behaves well with full water in CP. frangipani also, but it's from an aussie supplier, so it's kinda useless to the OP.

I finally got round to making soap with my rose floral wax, I used 2% wax and added about 1% rosewood to enhance the fragrance a bit. I can't take photos yet as it's still too soft to cut and it's a bit boring anyway just plain pink as I didn't want anything complicated to deal with if it accelerated. It was fine though. I am sat here with the mold next to me and the smell is absolutely gorgeous. I think I love it!

I use geranium EO blended 50/50 with my favorite rose FO. It moves like a MF but the scent is so worth it. I always add the fragrance mix at the last minute before pouring into the mold. Its been the only way I have been able to handle it. But OMG does it smell awesome and holds up in CP. My customers love it and say its the best rose scented soap they every smelled.

Elements has an excellent Ginger Lime and Wild Honeysuckle FOs that hold up in CP. The Ginger Lime discolors just a little to a light tan the Wild Honeysuckle does not discolor. Both handle well in CP but I do use them at 1oz PPO.

If you are tired of plain lavender try Soapalooza's Blue Chamomile mixed with Tassi Lavender. It's awesome and sells out on me real fast.

Latest posts

Back