Flax seed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to make something that i dont need a cure. I can sew, so i was thinking something along The lines of neck pillows etc.

Well i apparently cant read, and i ordered whole milled flax seed, which im sure you know is a soft powder, not SEEDS.

anyway. I hate to go through the trouble of sending it back, for both me and seller, and figured i would use it some how.

i can use this in a scrubby soap? And how much?

I usually use my exfoliants at 1-3% of my batch weight. Poppy seeds, coffee ground, and oatmeal powder can be used as exfoliants so I don't see why not.

Ground flax seed becomes very gelatinous when wet, which is why it’s used as an egg-replacer. It also absorbs a LOT of water.

That won’t necessarily mean it won’t work in soap, but I’d make a small batch to start. Let us know how it goes!

You can make a flaxseed hair gel with it. I have not looked to see if Humblebee or Susan at Point of Interest has any recipes for it. When finger waves were common we used a flaxseed based waveset. My mom made here own back many moons ago when the commercial product was very hard to get was not available by boiling flaxseed. Mom would have to make it fresh regularly because preservatives were not available to her back then, or the knowledge was not available.

Back