Flavor Oils vs Fragrance Oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see if I have this right now :oops:

I can use WSP Cotton Candy FRAGRANCE OIL in a Lip Balm as a FLAVOR Oil because it's Lip safe to a max of 4%?

Is this correct?

That's a good question, Lillybella. I personally have not used a flavor oil in my soap (yet), but I've heard of others having done so. Hopefully, if any of them are here, they will chime in soon.

IrishLass :)
I know this post is older... Just came across it. In 2019 I did use a flavor oil in my soap, It was accidental but the soap turned out fine and was one of my favorites I have ever made actually. It did have some glycerin rivers and I am not sure if it is related. I am actually going to try it again now a year later. I have been looking high and low for plant based natural fragrances and have not been able to blend something on my own to get the desired scent profile so I am going to blend some natural flavor oils in a baby loaf. I will let you know how it turns out. If you have experimented with this it would be nice to read your findings. Thanks

Back