Flavor oil seeping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiea26

Reaction score
Hi all,
I ran into an issue this morning and I'm hoping you might have some advice.
I opened a lip balm I'd made recently and turned the dial, and oil started seeping out. I did the same with the rest of the batch and nothing happened. So it appears to just be 1 out of the bunch. This batch included a flavor oil plus a sweetener (lip smackin' sweetener from Elements B&B). I'm not sure if it was the flavor oil or the sweetener that was coming out...it all smelled the same.
I have a hunch that maybe it was the last pour and there was more oil in the bottom that wasn't evenly dispersed (if that makes sense?).
Any thoughts or suggestions on this? I would've been mortified if a customer had opened that one and I'm kind of freaking out. (I sell small-scale on Etsy.) Thank you!

Hi all,
I ran into an issue this morning and I'm hoping you might have some advice.
I opened a lip balm I'd made recently and turned the dial, and oil started seeping out. I did the same with the rest of the batch and nothing happened. So it appears to just be 1 out of the bunch. This batch included a flavor oil plus a sweetener (lip smackin' sweetener from Elements B&B). I'm not sure if it was the flavor oil or the sweetener that was coming out...it all smelled the same.
I have a hunch that maybe it was the last pour and there was more oil in the bottom that wasn't evenly dispersed (if that makes sense?).
Any thoughts or suggestions on this? I would've been mortified if a customer had opened that one and I'm kind of freaking out. (I sell small-scale on Etsy.) Thank you!
I'm 99% sure it is the sweetener. I have the same sweetener and it beaded up like water when I used it for my lip balm. I had to dump it all in a tin. I didn't want to waste my lip balm tubes.

I have switched to powdered stevia. I mix the powder with some of the oil that I am using in my recipe and once it is mixed up without any little dry clumps, then I pour it into my melting oils. I let it heat up until it is all melted.

Latest posts

Back