Flat bottom bath bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
I simply cannot use round molds, they get a flat bottom. I tried putting bubble wrap under and I've tried foam. They still go flat. I have 2.5" bombs. If they are other molds, they're fine, it's just the round.

Any ideas?

I let them dry in one half of the round mold. But for me it's just a hobby so I'm not making that many at a time. I've heard that the hardcore professional presses, the kind that can crush your hand if you're not careful, packs them so densely that nothing will happen to them. They are a big one-time investment, but it could save a whole bunch of time, allowing you to make more in the same amount of time.

I let them dry in one half of the round mold. But for me it's just a hobby so I'm not making that many at a time. I've heard that the hardcore professional presses, the kind that can crush your hand if you're not careful, packs them so densely that nothing will happen to them. They are a big one-time investment, but it could save a whole bunch of time, allowing you to make more in the same amount of time.
I want one of those bath bomb presses so bad but I can't afford one yet. But the bombs have been fairly popular so I really would be a complete fool not to make and sell them. It's why I'm trying to find an alternative that won't kill my hands. I really hope I'm not developing arthritis.

I want one of those bath bomb presses so bad but I can't afford one yet. But the bombs have been fairly popular so I really would be a complete fool not to make and sell them. It's why I'm trying to find an alternative that won't kill my hands. I really hope I'm not developing arthritis.
Every time I did a farmers market a few folks would ask for bath bombs. it’s taken a bit of work to get them going decent, but they sell like crazy now! I just invested in the Electra Press. It’s about $500 vs. $800+ of the hydraulic ones, and it’s quite, and portable. I love it! Muddy Soap Co. I personally prefer flat bath bomb shapes to the round. But, you can buy large packs of the packaging for bath bombs, as mentioned above and put your sphere bombs into one half of the package. I saw them recently for about $30 for 50. I think that means, 100 halves, but I’m not sure.

I so much prefer the other bombs to the round ones too. But I have a drying rack now and it works, I just have to pay attention to my liquid. Since I bought the bath bomb express lever press mold, it seems to take much less liquid to achieve the same effect.

Back