Fitbit

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy2428

Reaction score
I'm horrible at dieting and refuse to give up my carbs. So my only other option is exercise. I work out with a trainer 2x a week and have a Planet Fitness membership which I rarely use.

I bought a Fitbit for a little more accountability and it does get me walking more. I need a little competition - anyone out there using one and wants another friend?

I have one but I rarely wear it anymore because it gives me a horrible rash on my arm. I have a couple of friends that also have them and none of them had any irritation from the bands, so I think it may be my job and all the sweat that happens from it. TBH I dont think it really did much to motivate me to exercise more as my job has me being pretty active. On a work day I'll get 30k steps no dramas but come the weekend and sloth me appears and i'm lucky to get 5k steps (okay more like2k )

I hope it works out better for you. :D

Yea! If you look on your Fitbit dashboard over on the right, you have a Friends box. You can send an invite over an e-mail. I will PM you.

I've been using one for a couple of years. My company participates in a program that pays us to reach certain levels. It helps keep me at it!

That's a nice benefit - I'll be happy to keep the razzies down - My husband has already surpassed me in steps..... (I got mine 2 weeks earlier than he did) He's become quite adept at the messaging on the thing.

No I don't have one. I was thinking of getting it but reviews have put me off. It sounds like a lot of money for a little gadget that will just annoy me.

Get Pokémon go.
It's free and it makes you walk.

:D

Or if you're not into that kind of stuff there are now apps for iPhones or Android that count your steps etc.
I have Samsung 6 and it even measures my SatsO2 and HR.

Then no one goes the regular way; cutting down on carbs, moving more?
I cut my bread completely and well after 4 weeks 18 pounds down. I love veggies and fruit so it is not such sacrifice for me
You guys realize that using this gadget you give to everyone your position and what you do , or where you go?
To much faith and power into technology

I have one and I love it, going on three years, I love to do the weekly and day challenges. I set my goals and when you reach each goal your dash board icon for that goal turns green so I try to get them all everyday, I have my goals set high so I usually don't reach them all everyday but it does get me moving more. Me with a desk job I need something to help me get up and move.

D- I see where you are coming from. I had a really rough medical year last year; 3 major surgeries and it's taking me a long time to rehab. The Fitbit is just an accountability tool, and it sets up some gentle competition with friends. Besides how cool is it that I can "walk" with Claire from Indiana to England!!! And no, the Fitbit doesn't have a GPS unlike my phone which does.

We do a similar number of steps! We should have a challenge soon. I can't face one this week though as I have been a bit unwell and don't want to push myself as I have epilepsy. But maybe next week?

No problem - hope you feel better soon. I was under seizure precaution for 6 months after my surgery so I understand. Next week is fine - It's hot as blazes here and I hate walking on the treadmill - I need to have someplace to go.

Back