"fish in a bag"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzy

Reaction score
Hi have started making "fish in a bag" for my next fair just wanted to know if anyone here has made them and how much you are getting for them?

I have made them for fairs. Because of the shape of the bag, there is way more soap in themthen people think. Mine are generally about 5 or 5 1/2oz & I can sell them fairly well for $4.00 a bag.

I'm kind of newb, so maybe this is a silly question, but what is "fish in a bag?"

The trick is to put a straight pin through the bag & into the fishes mouth to hold him in place untill the soap hardenes around him or he will flaot belly up. You also want to mist him well w/ alcohol so you don't get an air bubble around him when you pour & the soap fully attaches to the fish.

sunshine said:
I'm kind of newb, so maybe this is a silly question, but what is "fish in a bag?"

Sunflower Hill Kids have some really cute ones. I really like the "frog in a bog" soap bags too. Very creative! :)

frogsoap1ol7.jpg

frogsoapnp7.jpg

Back