First zap test

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
I've been too chicken to stick my tongue on any of the batches free r fear of my tongue melting off like in a horror movie hehehe. Then it dawned on me that I've been handling it without my fingers melting off, so braved it and touched it with my tongue...

It was very anticlimactic, lemme tell ya LOL

There was no magic signal from space telling me that the soap is safe... nor was there any melting of tongues... just me making a bleh face as I flashback to my gramma washing my mouth out with ivory for saying a bad word... Lmfao

Not sure what a zap is supposed to feel like.... maybe it zapped but I didn't know what it was... but I tested the first and the last batch (I ignored the butt ugly soap lol) and nothing happened :)

If you arent sure then you haven't been zapped yet. It's a definate feeling :)

Not sure what a zap is supposed to feel like.... maybe it zapped but I didn't know what it was... but I tested the first and the last batch (I ignored the butt ugly soap lol) and nothing happened :)

Seawolfe well that's good then :) My first batch is gonna be 3 weeks old this week and I'm getting itchy to try it out but was concerned about the lye zap test.

Ty for letting me know if I did it right :)

Have you ever touch battery with your tongue? I had when I was a child, it was a way of checking the power left in it:)) The true is my older brother always made a victim of me:)) I love him dearly, the zap is like that . You do not have to lick the soap , just wet the finger and rub on the soap rather in the middle of soap and touch the finger with your tongue:))

Oh ok I've done that battery thing lol. And I only touched my tongue to the edge. Should check out the middle too.

Ty ladies :)

Susie - yay, good news :) Really wasn't looking forward to licking soap again Hahahahaha

I think I was quaking a little bit when I zap tested for the first time - it was the same sort of terrified anticipation that came with mixing lye for the first time - and it was also very anticlimactic. I still haven't experienced a zap and I've made about 30 batches! It'll happen one day...

Penny- hahahaha I felt it was very anticlimactic too LOL. I'm glad I didn't get zapped, especially considering how nervous I still am every time I make my lye solution. You should see me all geared up in my sweat jacket zipped to my neck, goggles, gloves, standing there with a sink full of ice water and my lye pitcher, saying a silent prayer as I mix the lye ... " please don't blow up and melt my skin off.... please don't blow up and melt my skin off..." LOL

Back