first two soaps as a civilian

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green soap

Reaction score
First soaps made after officially closing my business. These are for our use and maybe a couple for trading or gifting.

The creamy one is 100% sweet almond oil and raw goat milk, no scent. I call it an almond goat milk castile (I realize this is not accurate). Intended for sensitive skin. The second one is quite the opposite, scrub soap with poppy seeds and using coffee as the liquid. Scented with my citrus rosemary EO blend. I love this one for hand washing.

ScrubAlmondGoatCastile.jpg

Thank you! They are made from soaps with different textures for a gentle 'scrub' effect. I make a version with and without poppy seeds (the only particles falling into the drain but it is minimal) and it seems the poppy seeds are a favorite. I like them both ways.

The lavender one looks like cut rocks! I really like that look.
And the almond / goat milk one is so creamy - what is a 100% almond oil soap like? I really like Almond oil, but haven't used it past 30%

Thanks for the kind words. The lavender color is from infused alkanet.

Seawolfe, the most almond oil I have used is 60%. At that level I loved it and other people did too. I don't know where a civilian can get good olive oil or pomace around here (Smart's and final's is not dated and I have had it go rancid), but I have almond oil left over from the business. So I asked DH if he would like an almond goat milk castile instead of his usual olive goat milk one. We will see how it does at 100% sweet almond. I added a bit of ROE -just in case- since I cure them 3 months.

Love the granite look of the scrubby soap!
I can't find pomace grade olive oil here so far either... keep us posted on the almond!

Latest posts

Back