First try at Genny's shampoo bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spenny92

Reaction score
I made Genny's shampoo bar after excitedly reading and learning from the very long, but very informative, thread. I subbed the soybean oil for macadamia nut oil, and scented with rosemary and mint EOs. I love how creamy it looks, and I'm super excited for this baby to cure so I can try it out! I took the photos at night, so the colour looks more beige than it is IRL - it's actually a beautiful ivory cream colour.

11997069_10156244699435227_787804086_n.jpg

Lovely and creamy-looking!

I think you shall love them, Spenny. I made a batch of Genny's shampoo bars last month (for the first time ever, too) and they just came off my cure rack yesterday. I actually made them for a friend to be used as a facial bar instead of a shampoo bar, since some people on the forum said they also doubled as wonderful facial bars. I used avocado oil in place of the soy in mine.

Anyway, I took one into the shower with me and used it to wash me everywhere except for my hair (my hair does not like shampoo bars), and it felt like pure, creamy luxury. And it even had some nice bubbly lather going on as well in spite of not having any of the traditional bubbly oils added. I did however use a facial cloth, which helps. Oh, and I added 5% sugar ppo and also .5% tetrasodium edta in the batch, which also help my soaps to lather better in my hard water.

You know, instead of making a batch of 100% Castile for myself once a year (no one uses them but me), I think I'm going to use this formula in it's place.

IrishLass :)

Gosh, now I'm even more excited for them to cure so I can try them as a facial bar, too!

Back