First try at a marble effect

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garland68

Reaction score
This is my first try at a marble effect. The scent is Rosemary Mint. What do you think?

That really looks like marble. I like the photo, a light soap against the dark background. Well done.

Laurie

That's great! I swirl Rosemary Mint with a deep blue pigment, can't remember which, though.

very nice job!! Im still trying to work on the marbling thing :) great photo too!

For this I just used a lighter color and I drizzled it in straight lines on top then I folded it in. From one side and the opposite side. Then I repeated the drizzle and fold and dumped it in the mold.

Looks sooo nice. :D You swirled that before you had it in the mold? Maybe I should try that!!!! My first swirl was dedicated to my 17 yr. old son. Cocoa swirls!! Looked more like white cake with chocolate frosting!!!!! After I unmolded it, he came from the kitchen with my squiggle lined potatoe masher and told me to try that next time, then ran quickly from harms way :lol: Wise guy!!
After awhile of looking at the soap I thought maybe he has an idea!! just don't tell him I said that!

Yes I swirled it in the bowl. Not too much since that would cause the colors to blend too much.

Back